biotechnologies = snoozefest (1 Viewer)

dsakvyilsa

HSC
Does anyone else find alllll the biotechnologies stuff so incredibly boring? I understand that it is literally the practical application of the heredity/genetic change concepts but for the life of me I just cannot find any enjoyment in it. I enjoyed the cell replication, and the DNA/polypeptide synthesis topics in mod 5, but the end of mod 5 and the mod 6 stuff is honestly boring me to death 😭. Mod 7 & 8 seem more enjoyable..... are they? I'm hoping so....
I never thought bio would become one of my least favourite subjects.

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
Yeah i disliked all of the biotechnology memorising stuff too it was boring
iirc it was my least favourite section

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
Does anyone else find alllll the biotechnologies stuff so incredibly boring? I understand that it is literally the practical application of the heredity/genetic change concepts but for the life of me I just cannot find any enjoyment in it. I enjoyed the cell replication, and the DNA/polypeptide synthesis topics in mod 5, but the end of mod 5 and the mod 6 stuff is honestly boring me to death 😭. Mod 7 & 8 seem more enjoyable..... are they? I'm hoping so....
I never thought bio would become one of my least favourite subjects.
i'm doing mod 7 rn (i think my school is doing mod 6 last even though we did mod 5 last term lmfao) and it's so interesting and fun, i <3 pathogens and disease. i grasped mod 7's stuff a lot faster than i did with population genetics in mod 5... literally was such a bore... (though i liked the DNA sequencing and profiling bit, and everything before that was fun)

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
for our depth study we had to make a website, make a video, a whole thing to show why each source used was credible (mine was like 12 pg) and an in class exam...
Oh yeah and the website was long af..
We had to research not one
not two
BUT THREE whole inquiry questions
oh yeah and i pulled an all nighter (and day) to do like 80% of the work on the last day cuz im built like that 🗿
i procrastinate too much

dsakvyilsa

HSC
for our depth study we had to make a website, make a video, a whole thing to show why each source used was credible (mine was like 12 pg) and an in class exam...
Oh yeah and the website was long af..
We had to research not one
not two
BUT THREE whole inquiry questions
oh yeah and i pulled an all nighter (and day) to do like 80% of the work on the last day cuz im built like that 🗿
i procrastinate too much
was your depth study on biotechnology?

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
Memorizing facts is really quite useless. It's not surprising that anyone taking such an approach would be bored.

Read to understand how things work - this creates a robust foundation on which a lifetime of learning can be built.
That wasn't my study technique
I did read to understand how this to work- didn't just memorise the entire textbook.
But I still had to memorise components. It's biology, you can't deny that you still need to memorise things. You have to be able to understand how something works, but also have to memorise keywords, components, stages, stuff like that etc.
I was agreeing with the post- the section was boring to me as well- because of the topic
But i definitely made mistakes and stuff in my study technique (like not doing enough practice until just before the hsc) and also regret focusing more on prelims than the actual hsc. I didn't start doing past papers until 5 weeks before the hsc which was stupid of me ik but i was lazy then and I have (hopefully) changed

Eagle Mum

HSC
N/A
That wasn't my study technique
I did read to understand how this to work- didn't just memorise the entire textbook.
But I still had to memorise components. It's biology, you can't deny that you still need to memorise things. You have to be able to understand how something works, but also have to memorise keywords, components, stages, stuff like that etc.
I was agreeing with the post- the section was boring to me as well- because of the topic
But i definitely made mistakes and stuff in my study technique (like not doing enough practice until just before the hsc) and also regret focusing more on prelims than the actual hsc. I didn't start doing past papers until 5 weeks before the hsc which was stupid of me ik but i was lazy then and I have (hopefully) changed
Sorry synthesisFR, I did not mean to imply that this is how you study in general. I quoted your comment because you commented that 'memorising stuff' was 'boring' and that was an opportunity to make an important point. I've deleted my comment. Best wishes with your studies.

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
Sorry synthesisFR, I did not mean to imply that this is how you study in general. I quoted your comment because you commented that 'memorising stuff' was 'boring' and that was an opportunity to make an important point. I've deleted my comment. Best wishes with your studies.
don't worry, I was just clarifying what i mean't by that post 😅

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)