Biology Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

lily5885

HSC
I put bottlenecking through habitat reduction and genetic drift as the population is small and isolated.

Gene flow is the transfer of alleles from one population to another increasing genetic biodiversity and the population was stated to be ISOLATED in the exam. I don't know enough about coat patterns to tell if the new pattern shows traits of two alternative coat pattern/coat pattern alleles.
" Gene flow is the movement of genes into or out of a population. "
does this mean im wrong? cos i mentioned how the zebras migrated out to another population nd mated wwith another species.lmao bs this whole question im fked

nini.nico

HSC
Omg that's such a MOOD. RIP my ATAR. (Especially since my internal rank sucks).
LMAOO i dont even want to talk abt my internals
now that its done i can just be anxious over it until my atar releases

StudyerIA

HSC
does this mean im wrong? cos i mentioned how the zebras migrated out to another population nd mated wwith another species.lmao bs this whole question im fked
Not really, I also talked about gene flow. U will get majority marks for this possibilly. For the zebra question, I talked about
- Genetic drift: the random chance event of the destruction of their habitats through the bottle neck effect causing them to be isolated
- Lack of gene flow into this non-representative population causing other possibly recessive alleles to become dominant
- Thus causing a change in the gene pool.
I don't know it is right though

yly417692

HSC
TBH I'm not sure if it's wrong, it makes sense and does link to the question but maybe it doesn't link directly enough into explaining why the new coat pattern appears more frequently in the zebra population now? Migration into and interbreeding with different populations increases the genetic diversity of the other population but unless you link this sufficiently by linking this to further population reduction, loss of alleles, so on, to link to the question it seems a bit off topic.

Not really, I also talked about gene flow. U will get majority marks for this possibilly. For the zebra question, I talked about
- Genetic drift: the random chance event of the destruction of their habitats through the bottle neck effect causing them to be isolated
- Lack of gene flow into this non-representative population causing other possibly recessive alleles to become dominant
- Thus causing a change in the gene pool.
I don't know it is right though
Oh yeah, I forgot I also wrote about a lack of gene flow into the population.

I interpreted the original statement as gene flow into the population, oops. 😟 Sorry about that!

yly417692

HSC
LMAOO i dont even want to talk abt my internals
now that its done i can just be anxious over it until my atar releases
I can just be directly kicked out of the house once my ATAR releases. I'm gonna pull Ruse's mean ATAR down so much they can only announce the median ATAR. (Which is what they usually do anyways).

That being said, it's better not be anxious about it– the test is over and nothing can be done about it now. It is what it is.

zizi2003_

HSC
wait for the negative feedback steroids question, isaid that anabolic steroids actually reduce sperm production due to an increase in testosterone (which in turn decreases fsh and lh production that make up the leydig cells by negative feedback mechanisms)
but im hearing people said that sperm production increases ??
what did you all say? @Hivaclibtibcharkwa

nini.nico

HSC
I can just be directly kicked out of the house once my ATAR releases. I'm gonna pull Ruse's mean ATAR down so much they can only announce the median ATAR. (Which is what they usually do anyways).

That being said, it's better not be anxious about it– the test is over and nothing can be done about it now. It is what it is.
LMAOO our school is relying on us to pull up their rank after it dropped a lot from last year's yr12s

true, it's not like i can change my atar after it releases

nini.nico

HSC
wait for the negative feedback steroids question, isaid that anabolic steroids actually reduce sperm production due to an increase in testosterone (which in turn decreases fsh and lh production that make up the leydig cells by negative feedback mechanisms)
but im hearing people said that sperm production increases ??
what did you all say? @Hivaclibtibcharkwa
i think i said it increases
not bc i knew but bc i was bsing it

zizi2003_

HSC
The testosterone lead to more sperm production, so more test made more sperm. But the FSH and LH made the sperm as well. So by taking steroids you become reliant on steroid testosterone and can’t produce your own naturally. So when you stop taking steroids you won’t produce as much testosterone or sperm naturally
so that leads to reduced sperm production right? coz FSH and LH also decrease
i didnt sya what would happen if the athlete stops taking steroids

tifi.oo

HSC
The testosterone lead to less sperm production, so more test made less sperm. But the FSH and LH made the sperm as well. So by taking steroids you become reliant on steroid testosterone and can’t produce your own naturally. So when you stop taking steroids you won’t produce as much testosterone or sperm naturally
but in the graph was LH FSH getting released to make more sperm. lol I said there's gonna be an increase in testosterone ._.

TheVuk

HSC
how long until matrix put out the answers for biology, if the test came out on nesa today?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)