Biology Exam Thoughts (1 Viewer)

thiruullal

HSC
I had a similar thing for the first part and then went on to talk about geographical isolation and gene flow, which is what I thought the question was supposed to be about. Still quite a strange question.
LMAO, I got muddled up with what was what, and wrote genetic drift instead of gene flow.
You think i will still get marks?

AHafza

HSC
i understand that but there were barely any major content questions, especially on module 8. most of the paper was just skills, such a disappointment for someone who actually spent time learning the content
Thx buddyyy, sara3tuni, the whole exam was syllabus

大きい男

HSC
LMAO, I got muddled up with what was what, and wrote genetic drift instead of gene flow.
You think i will still get marks?
You didn't necessarily have to say that it was genetic drift, as long as you provided features of it and applied it to the distribution of lactose intolerance you'll get the marks

大きい男

HSC
Was anyone else surprised that they put this question in the test? Considering that it was in the sample questions provided by NESA.Screen Shot 2019-10-28 at 6.33.20 pm.png

thiruullal

HSC
You didn't necessarily have to say that it was genetic drift, as long as you provided features of it and applied it to the distribution of lactose intolerance you'll get the marks
Yea true, just wanted to state something from the syllabus, but, it turned against me

worldno17

HSC
N/A
Guess I'm losing marks. :(

Although...I did refer to the distribution. Eh, oh well.

dani01

HSC
ngl, i HATED it. there was hardly any biotechnology questions. big rip
yeah was just a shitty test. also omg your subjects you have probably had the worst past week. maths, bio and history on the same day and then business the following! i feel for u girl currently cramming as many business acronyms as i can into my head.

the 8 markers were just disappointing I couldn't show the markers everything that I have learnt over the past 2 years.

mrsourpeanut

HSC
does anyone know how many marks the one where you had to show crossing over and label alleles was? or do u have the question? i fucked that one

大きい男

HSC
does anyone know how many marks the one where you had to show crossing over and label alleles was? or do u have the question? i fucked that one
I think it was 2 for naming the alleles inherited from the parents and 4 for the chromosomes

Last edited:

Sn_akr08

HSC
What was question 3 multiple choice: some reckon genetic drift and some reckon environmental pressure

_rakelt

HSC
yeah was just a shitty test. also omg your subjects you have probably had the worst past week. maths, bio and history on the same day and then business the following! i feel for u girl currently cramming as many business acronyms as i can into my head.

the 8 markers were just disappointing I couldn't show the markers everything that I have learnt over the past 2 years.
yeah : ( i had bio and exten his on the same day and business today and im FRIED

worldno17

HSC
N/A
What was question 3 multiple choice: some reckon genetic drift and some reckon environmental pressure
i think enviro pressure! genetic drift would be if someone randomly stomped on the beetles and say, the brown allele, was lost from the gene pool. since the bird is selectively eating a certain colour of beetles each time, i'd say enviro pressure (cmiiw)

i googled and this website shows a similar image: https://evolution.berkeley.edu/evo101/IIIBMechanismsofchange.shtml

lalajellyjoy

HSC
I had a similar thing for the first part and then went on to talk about geographical isolation and gene flow, which is what I thought the question was supposed to be about. Still quite a strange question.
same i talked about gene flow since there was a gradient

大きい男

HSC
I had:
D C D D B C A B A C B D B B C D A D A B
Might not all be right but I’m confident for at least 18

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)