Biology Exam Thoughts (1 Viewer)

ABBAS38

HSC
I’m screwed no offence this is the subject I’ve least studied for, so I accept my fate lol

dani01

HSC
praying nothing about plant's is asked. My guesses for long response are: 1. non-infectios and infectious disease prevention. 2. new technologies

ABBAS38

HSC
praying nothing about plant's is asked. My guesses for long response are: 1. non-infectios and infectious disease prevention. 2. new technologies
Yep same about plants would hate that, and Ye the long response will definitely be about biotechnology or something

大きい男

HSC
I'm expecting one of the long responses to be something about 'working scientifically skills' in epidemiological studies since they drew upon that area of the syllabus in the EES exam. Hopefully the other one isn't about module 6 (biotechnologies or reproductive technologies) like my trial was and instead something more concrete like hormonal control in pregnancy.

thinkinboufuture113

HSC
a good 5 marks on pasteur and koch, agar plates experiment, and something big on epidemiology and technology long response

thinkinboufuture113

HSC
ok the test wasn't necessary that hard but the questions were just random a just plain up strange and confusing. literally nothing like the syllabus

worldno17

HSC
N/A
does anyone remember what they got for the pedigree in mc?

大きい男

HSC
Disappointed at the fairly small amount of content which was assessed, although I’m liking the way this new syllabus is trying to move away from rewarding rote-learners.

mysterymarklessgo

HSC
Disappointed at the fairly small amount of content which was assessed, although I’m liking the way this new syllabus is trying to move away from rewarding rote-learners.
i understand that but there were barely any major content questions, especially on module 8. most of the paper was just skills, such a disappointment for someone who actually spent time learning the content

1-99

HSC
N/A
Does anyone have a copy of the paper? There are a few questions I'd like to take another look at. TY :)

worldno17

HSC
N/A
also what did everyone say for the lactose question?

after talking about how natural selection favours individuals with switched on lactase genes (bc they consume a diet high in lactose?!), i went on to talk about mutations in non-coding dna can reduce the coiling density of that dna segment....and how it leads to increased transcription of lactase gene in some individuals...

honestly, i have no idea.

大きい男

HSC
also what did everyone say for the lactose question?

after talking about how natural selection favours individuals with switched on lactase genes (bc they consume a diet high in lactose?!), i went on to talk about mutations in non-coding dna can reduce the coiling density of that dna segment....and how it leads to increased transcription of lactase gene in some individuals...

honestly, i have no idea.
I had a similar thing for the first part and then went on to talk about geographical isolation and gene flow, which is what I thought the question was supposed to be about. Still quite a strange question.

worldno17

HSC
N/A
I had a similar thing for the first part and then went on to talk about geographical isolation and gene flow, which is what I thought the question was supposed to be about. Still quite a strange question.
ah yeah i guess i added that part in about gene regulation to target the "switched off" part and mention of dna in the question

(hope it gets accepted...)

gene flow sounds apt! didn't think of it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)