Belonging - 2 supp texts okay! (1 Viewer)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
i so agree. so if u followed instructions and ddidnt try to put in a prepared response wth two u get penalised? come on...the others didnt follow the instructions
I don't understand why people associate 'two related texts' and 'prepared response'. The things don't really have any sort of correlation.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
There are two things I would like to say.

A) YES, it is petty, but in hsc, petty things become important things if it has to do with your future, (a rather large thing). So actually, it is important.

but;

B) NOBODY WILL KNOW how it is marked until they mark it and until you receive your results back. There's no point bickering about it now. It's not in your hands.
I disagree, if there's enough controversy and disagreement from students, teachers and educational advisers, the Board will be inclined to alter or at least take into consideration the proposals given. Especially if their current stance alters the question given in the exam.

I don't understand why people associate 'two related texts' and 'prepared response'. The things don't really have any sort of correlation.
Well, if you didn't memorise a response, you would be less inclined to write about two related texts and actually follow the instructions - not all cases but in most.

Last edited:

Riffy Raffy

BABY MAN
HSC
WE F**KING GET IT!!!!!! There is no more argument to be raised, and every person's opinion would SURELY have been raised!!! So.. STOP RUNNING THE F**KING ARGUMENT IN CIRCLES AND GET OVER IT!!!
Inside voice, Christian, inside voice!

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
HAHAHAHAA Rafi and Christian (and Mas). LOLOL

H4rdc0r3

HSC
OMFG, penalise those noobs who wrote about two texts. I am the director of the BOS, PENALISE them!

Scinery

HSC
i say those who wrote about ONE related text should be penalized/capped at 12

obviously by one they meant two

pale-perfect

HSC
haha. Dont be haters. Im just happy I wont be marked down for it. I wrote my 2nd text because without it my esay would have been WAY too short.
I think they're likely to treat essays who only used one text more favourably anyway. I would, because they did what the question specifically asks.

JessicaCaroline

HSC

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My thoughts exactly!!!
Yes I did 2 related texts because stupidly I didn't read the whole question, but by no means did I use a prepared response!!!!!! It is ludicrous!! In fact, I had immense difficulty trying to fit my second text to the question and would have LOVED to do one text..
So yes, I am a retard who does not read the question, but I am not a retard who rote-learns, thank you very much!

liantoniom

HSC
i know ALOT of people will be angry at me for saying this but i think that allowing both related texts to be counted is a good idea.
before you get angry i am saying this because my techer who is also a senior HSC marker said that the percentage of people who wrote 2 related texts is higher than those that didnt.

since belonging was a new topic it has to be easily marked... and my techer also said most people wrote 2 related texts because their techers told them too as it was ALWAYS required in the past years....

i know in my school maybe 80% did two related texts for belonging and that is only one school...
everyone has to relax, it will all be done fairly no one will loose marks or gain marks depending on their related texts. :D

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
i know ALOT of people will be angry at me for saying this but i think that allowing both related texts to be counted is a good idea.
before you get angry i am saying this because my techer who is also a senior HSC marker said that the percentage of people who wrote 2 related texts is higher than those that didnt.

since belonging was a new topic it has to be easily marked... and my techer also said most people wrote 2 related texts because their techers told them too as it was ALWAYS required in the past years....

i know in my school maybe 80% did two related texts for belonging and that is only one school...
everyone has to relax, it will all be done fairly no one will loose marks or gain marks depending on their related texts. :D
Pfft it seems that most of the state are illiterate and the government is once more inflating figures/altering the rules to cover this sad fact up >.>

random-1005

Banned
HSC
It is now official at Marking Centres. Two Supplementary texts for the belonging essay will not be penalised, it will be marked normally. Thoughts?
oi noob, in the question it says "at least one other", you dnt get penalised for doing more, and you never have been

Fluorescent

Banned
HSC
Pfft it seems that most of the state are illiterate and the government is once more inflating figures/altering the rules to cover this sad fact up >.>
Lol so true

This thread is just going around in circles.

Bottom line:
HSC english doesn't require you to be literate and reading questions is unnecessary.

For future years, save yourself the trouble and just write out responses without reading questions your bound to get something

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Lol so true

Bottom line:
HSC english doesn't require you to be literate and reading questions is unnecessary.

For future years, save yourself the trouble and just write out responses without reading questions your bound to get something
:rofl:

random-1005

Banned
HSC
Lol so true

Bottom line:

why would you want to do that?

i didnt, or i did, saw some wank about how belonging nourishes understanding, and it had absolutely nothing to do with the crucible, so i just wrote down my memorised piece of shit and completely disregarded the wanky question, i reckon i would have done even worse if i tried to bullshit about something i dnt even know.

random-1005

Banned
HSC
+1

We should honestly, revolt, and go to the media.

Dead serious, not even close to kidding, cross my heart.

If 2 texts was going to be marked the same as one text, they should have said 1 or 2 related text. Or 'at least 1'.

Get FUCKED.
too bad bitch, you lose

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)