Belonging - 2 supp texts okay! (1 Viewer)

chaldoking

HSC
It is now official at Marking Centres. Two Supplementary texts for the belonging essay will not be penalised, it will be marked normally. Thoughts?

sunsettah

HSC
It is now official at Marking Centres. Two Supplementary texts for the belonging essay will not be penalised, it will be marked normally. Thoughts?
It said ONE related text. If you used two, you should only be marked for the first one you used, and - therefore - your essay is shortened.

joben

HSC
so ppl who followed instructions are disadvantaged cause they had less to write about. great.

HSC
Behind closed doors anything can happen. They dont penalise you, of course they dont. But according to my teacher, who has marked HSC papers, and done this before, they cross out your weakest/shortest aditional and reread essay without it.

Last edited:

chaldoking

HSC
where did you source your info from?
My teacher is a marker. They were briefed yesterday and told that 2 supplementary texts will be marked normally, with no penalities. Each of the supp texts will be considered.

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
WTF?!

that is in no way, shape or form, right.

absorber

HSC
My teacher is a marker. They were briefed yesterday and told that 2 supplementary texts will be marked normally, with no penalities. Each of the supp texts will be considered.
There are no words to adequately describe my rage at this statement.

tizona

HSC
but wouldn't it be more fair to just read the first one and not be penalised for an additional one?
that way the people who wrote one will not be disadvantaged either

chaldoking

HSC
They were told that - it will be read like a normal response, the deconstruction of both supp texts will have equal consideration, and will have an impact on the final mark. So in essence, take it as though the question has been changed to "at least ONE..." rather than "ONE". It sucks.

chingyloke

Ex-Prince of Manchester.
HSC
Retarded people getting rewarded for being retards. This is the HSC, not special ed FFS. This is gay.

absorber

HSC
i think it is making an ironic statement about english
I like what Andre says. He's not even English, and he can tell o_O.

Quite frankly that decision is bullshit. It merely demonstrates the lobbying power of a couple of private schools imo.

sirpoopalot7

HSC
That's ridiculous, a third of the test IS comprehension. I'd say your teacher is trolling you.

Edit: And here we....go!

Last edited:

hollaholla

HSC
omgs...started again. Give it a break..seriously. Those that wrote LESS of one will still end up doing better than those who wrote 2. You can continue to 'satisfy yourself' by making these threads lol .

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Didn't I already make a thread about this?
It's okay but texts with 1 supp text have greater depth (generally speaking)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)