Band 6 cutoff? (1 Viewer)

danz90

HSC
probably like 85/100, because the test was easy this year (in my opinion at least)

fishbulb

HSC
No, the band 6 cuttoff is determined by the bos markers depending on the ease of the test. It's usually not greater than 90. 90 is a band 6 moderated mark shown as the examination mark.

HSC
No, the band 6 cuttoff is determined by the bos markers depending on the ease of the test. It's usually not greater than 90. 90 is a band 6 moderated mark shown as the examination mark.
so if the test is easy does that mean we have to get like 95 for band 6 rather than 90?

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
That makes sense.. but I don't think it would ever be 95... bos wouldn't make a test that's THAT easy -.-

lizliz

HSC
crap! i thought i did pretty well but may be i lacked detail on some of them :(

fishbulb

HSC
Im pretty sure since the test was straight forward they would mark it hard. For example the 5 marker on ADH and Aldosterone would probably be marked hard.

HSC
fishbulb said:
Im pretty sure since the test was straight forward they would mark it hard. For example the 5 marker on ADH and Aldosterone would probably be marked hard.
aww, damn. i was all excited for positive marking too lol.

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
i wish the cut off was 85 OMG LOL:eek:

but then again isnt it logical that it would go up instead of down if this years was easy?

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
gloworm14 said:
i wish the cut off was 85 OMG LOL:eek:

but then again isnt it logical that it would go up instead of down if this years was easy?
You arent taking into account how only the top people are finding it easy. At my school a lot of people found it hard, and one people only answered the MC so i think youd find across the board the marks would be poor to excellent with a lot of poor and a lot of excellent marks

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
axlenatore said:
You arent taking into account how only the top people are finding it easy. At my school a lot of people found it hard, and one people only answered the MC so i think youd find across the board the marks would be poor to excellent with a lot of poor and a lot of excellent marks
so there is hope after all :D

JustinM23

HSC
Sweet, my hopes of a band six are actually rising =O

It's kinda funny though, even most of the moderate performers in Bio found this test hard. I concidered myself a moderate performer, yet I found it easy. =S

Takuto

HSC
omg i screwed it up

lol

dont worry, im sure you guys are top of the state, which is why you even come on here. lol

communication was sooo easy though lol

Last edited:

h1958buglid

HSC
I've heard from everyone it was really hard... only people finding it easy are people aiming for 95+ i also dont think anyone is taking into consideration the average for 8marks in the hsc is about 2 /8 and they mark every question VERY hardly and are so strict about answers!

Lordie

HSC
Yeah, true. The top 3 or 4 people at my school (including myself, heh /end brag), thought it was straight forward. The rest thought it was difficult. Using this data, you could say that probably at least half of the state found it hard...so say 8000 people. Then there'd be those who thought it was moderately hard, say 5000, then there'd be a few thousand who loved it. However I think the majority of the state will have found it tricky (just that a lot of people think Biology is a bludge subject, so choose it with not much intention of trying hard in it.)

BlueGiraffe

HSC
h1958buglid said:
i also dont think anyone is taking into consideration the average for 8marks in the hsc is about 2 /8 and they mark every question VERY hardly and are so strict about answers!
I'm so nervous about them being strict about answers. Does anyone know what their critera is? I always wrote a little bit more than fit in the lines... Somebody told me that they don't mark anything not in the lines and if this is the case none of my answers will make sense! agh.
I found the exam pretty easy, like I knew every questions - it's just how I answered it...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)