band 6 cut off? (1 Viewer)

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
illmatic said:
what do you think it'll be?

i think a 33/50 raw would give a band 6 aligned
hopefully you're right buddy! ha ha... I don't expect band E4, I'm now hoping for 40-45 (aligned). I reckon 36-37 might be the cut-off, although that's a complete guess.

!lukey!

HSC
really? i didnt think the exam was that hard i would expect around 39-40 for band six... hoped i get over 35!

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
Not to scare any of you, but I remember seeing a raw mark of 42/50 in this subject ALIGNED to 43/50 in the UAI Technical Aranca forum...

Let's just pray that's because they mark easy.

gorgo31

HSC
c_james said:
Not to scare any of you, but I remember seeing a raw mark of 42/50 in this subject ALIGNED to 43/50 in the UAI Technical Aranca forum...

Let's just pray that's because they mark easy.
I sincerely hope that was a 2004 figure; last year, the aligning was minimal due to very high performance by a significant chunk of the candidature on the first question. I don't think that will happen this year.

illmatic

NaS
HSC
^^ jesus are you serious? youd think EXTENSION HISTORY would do well with all that kind of shit but it doesn't? a 70% raw in english ADVANCED gets aligned to like high 70s and even a band 5, why wouldnt it do the same for extension history?

Last edited:

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
illmatic said:
^^ jesus are you serious? youd think EXTENSION HISTORY would do well with all that kind of shit but it doesn't? a 70% raw in english ADVANCED gets aligned to like high 70s and even a band 5, why wouldnt it do the same for extension history?
I wouldn't worry about it too much - your raw marks are used in your UAI calculation anyway, and I'm quite sure Extension History scales higher than Advanced English in that respect.

illmatic

NaS
HSC
yeh i dont give a shit anymore. one more exam to go and then my life begins. UAI is a life time away. so much shit to loook forward to - formal, schoolies, parties, life.

HSC
illmatic said:
yeh i dont give a shit anymore. one more exam to go and then my life begins. UAI is a life time away. so much shit to loook forward to - formal, schoolies, parties, life.
your post reflects exactly what would have wrote :D ive got 1 exam - then formal, schoolies, parties, life! yay! plus im goin overseas which is a bonus hehe!

*Ya_So_CuTe*

HSC
illmatic said:
what do you think it'll be?

i think a 33/50 raw would give a band 6 aligned
Hope so! well the average aligned mark for history extension last year was 37 and E3. And the top 11% got E4. Check out the HSC median tables from UAC last year.
<http://www.uac.edu.au/pubs/pdf/2004-Table-A2.pdf>
Interesting stats. Not too sure what to make of it though!

a8o

HSC
krazy_katie777 said:
your post reflects exactly what would have wrote :D ive got 1 exam - then formal, schoolies, parties, life! yay! plus im goin overseas which is a bonus hehe!
Your post reflects my views better than the other one. But my last exam is on the last day.

Still...I'll miss having 100% assessment in this subject :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)