Band 5 & 6 Cutoffs? (1 Viewer)

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
this year was supposedly alot harder. from last year's band 5 cut off it was 65% wasnt it? so im hoping band 5 cut off this year is somewhere from 55-60

im pretty sure band 6 cut off will be 85 or less

CheekyPunk

HSC
So band 6 cut off around mid 80s?.... hope i get it. My teacher says that when our school gets a band six for chem, its like they won the lottery lol. And if i get band 6, it means the two people above me will too. My teacher might die xD

CheekyPunk

HSC
=/ hmmm, well, if im lucky i can still get that. As well, my classmates will hopefully pull my assessment mark up and my combined scaled will hopefully be in the 90s.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
Sparcod said:
http://community.boredofstudies.org/708/chemistry/127460/estimate-your-raw-mark.html

The more people voting in my poll, the better the idea of the cut-off. Also, this poll isn't public.

yeh but the majority of people who come on this site are fuken nerds like urself.

while there is the minority on this site like me who are realistic and dont know shit about chemistry.

in other words... ur poll aint a 'valid' (ill use chem term here) way of indicating whether it was difficult or easy as majority of people voting are goin to get band 6 anyway

cerene

procrastinator
HSC
sando is right

everyone here are bloody nerds

*stares at everyone*

angmor

HSC
not really. i was here last year on the forums when ppl were bragging about their 2005 uai....i saw many 50s and 60s uai

angmor

HSC
probably this year, anything over 80

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
I heard last year was 81 for band 6. Remember guys/girls, they always mark really harshly for chemistry according to my teacher (20 years experience of marking HSC Chemistry).

H

housemouse

angmor said:
this year was supposedly alot harder. from last year's band 5 cut off it was 65% wasnt it? so im hoping band 5 cut off this year is somewhere from 55-60
Where did you hear about this? Cause that just seems to easy to get band five

lala2

Banned
HSC
I can't remember what my raw mark was in the Chem external last year, but I felt good when I walked out (lol, not just because it was my last exam!) If you're a mid-high 80s sort of person like I am, and you feel satisfied (like I did) or better, you're probably in for a band 6, which I got for my external. That is really not quantitative and helping at all, but that feeling is a good sign.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
sando said:
yeh but the majority of people who come on this site are fuken nerds like urself.

while there is the minority on this site like me who are realistic and dont know shit about chemistry.

in other words... ur poll aint a 'valid' (ill use chem term here) way of indicating whether it was difficult or easy as majority of people voting are goin to get band 6 anyway
Did I say it was valid?
I do realise the people on this site can bebetter than the rest and as you said, a minority are "realistic".

SL33pY

ceo of the banana factory
HSC
would u guys think that a low 70's raw would scale to a band 5 this year?... i actually found the test moderate,, hope i get a scaled band 5 *crosses fingers*

dleroy

HSC
housemouse said:
Where did you hear about this? Cause that just seems to easy to get band five
Well... considering most ppl can't even get pass 50% for HSC trial Chemistry... (biased judgement based on my low class average) it's pretty hard to get 65% lol....

HSC
Hey guys well if i got 82/100 in the CSSA trials, and approx 90% internal.... if i *hopefully* get round 80% external what band would i round into.... prob a band 5??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)