Bad ranks... can I get an 80 atar? (1 Viewer)

xkxte

HSC
so my schools rank isn't great it's in the 200's, and my ranks aren't great either they're:
15/25 - ancient history
25/56 - biology
8/26 - community and family studies
6/27 - modern history
2/2 - history extension
18/111 - english standard

is it possible for me to get an atar in the 80's?

quickoats

HSC
Try your hardest in the final exams and you have a decent shot. You will probably need to revise a lot on biology because that looks like it could really drag you down.

Is there any particular course you are looking into? For some courses with seemingly high(ish) cutoffs in the 80s, such as Nursing, the universities are very generous with their offers and you might end up getting one even if you get below the cutoff

HSC
N/A
Yes it's possible, provided you perform well in the rest of your exams (bio and ancient specifically)

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
so my schools rank isn't great it's in the 200's, and my ranks aren't great either they're:
15/25 - ancient history
25/56 - biology
8/26 - community and family studies
6/27 - modern history
2/2 - history extension
18/111 - english standard

is it possible for me to get an atar in the 80's?
Of course it's still possible provided you perform well in your HSC examinations. If you want some reassurance, try entering your marks in an ATAR calculator.

xkxte

HSC
Try your hardest in the final exams and you have a decent shot. You will probably need to revise a lot on biology because that looks like it could really drag you down.

Is there any particular course you are looking into? For some courses with seemingly high(ish) cutoffs in the 80s, such as Nursing, the universities are very generous with their offers and you might end up getting one even if you get below the cutoff
I want to do a bachelor of arts at USYD.

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
Yes, but it wasn't super impressive - I haven't done many extra curriculars.
Don't worry, as long as you've applied, and done your best in your application, that's all that matters. Also, I just had a look at the e12 courses, and for a Bachelor of Arts, the scheme lowers the guaranteed ATAR to 70, so you also have that as a backup if you get accepted and don't get 80 (which I'm sure you will though). It's always great to have some backups- reassurance is definitely needed during this stressful time. All the best!

xkxte

HSC
Don't worry, as long as you've applied, and done your best in your application, that's all that matters. Also, I just had a look at the e12 courses, and for a Bachelor of Arts, the scheme lowers the guaranteed ATAR to 70, so you also have that as a backup if you get accepted and don't get 80 (which I'm sure you will though). It's always great to have some backups- reassurance is definitely needed during this stressful time. All the best!
Thank you so much :) good luck <3

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey man I too really too want to do Bachelor of Arts from USYD, how did you apply for the E12 scheme for USYD?
Hey, so I applied for the e12 scheme through submitting a SRS application through UAC, attaching my application, and placing the course to be considered for e12 as my first usyd preference. Feel free to pm me if you need any help

Here's a link for reference: https://www.sydney.edu.au/study/how...sion-pathways/early-offer-year-12-scheme.html

Good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)