B science (1 Viewer)

mmmm.

HSC
Can anyone tell me how its like. how difficult it is, etc. because I'm interested in doing B comm and sci but I'm not too sure about the science since I'm an average student in biology.

quickoats

HSC
Bachelor of Science isn’t like 3 years of school science. You choose a major which can range from maths to anatomy to economic geography and do 3 years of that. So if you have no interest in biology at all, you never have to see it.

anon2017

HSC
At most universities (not all) in a BSc you will have to take an intro bio unit in first year, but it's not difficult, and it doesn't matter if you don't get a super high mark. After that, you pick a major. Depending on your major determines if you'll be doing any other biology or biology-adjacent subjects. Examples of majors where you'll have either more bio or more closely-related-to-bio subjects are anatomy, physiology, genetics, immunology, molecular biology. Examples of majors where you will avoid biology (either wholly or mostly) include statistics, maths, chemistry, physics.

What university are you considering?

anon2017

HSC
Mq Uni Bachelor of Commerce and Science
Go to the MQ course page for B Science and check out the majors you are interested in. If you go to the majors' individual pages, click on "course structure" and it will list the units you have to take. It looks like you can avoid bio completely if you really want to.

mmmm.

HSC
Go to the MQ course page for B Science and check out the majors you are interested in. If you go to the majors' individual pages, click on "course structure" and it will list the units you have to take. It looks like you can avoid bio completely if you really want to.
tysm

mmmm.

HSC
Say i wanted to drop science and just to the single degree (Bachelor of Commerce), is it as easy as just dropping and continuing, or do i have to redo the entire degree?

quickoats

HSC
Say i wanted to drop science and just to the single degree (Bachelor of Commerce), is it as easy as just dropping and continuing, or do i have to redo the entire degree?
No redoing (if it’s at the same uni). If you’re moving unis then you might have to redo a couple of units if they don’t match up well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)