B Education/ B Arts (Psychology) (1 Viewer)

HSC
I saw the course on the website but it didn't tell me its UAI cut-off
Is this combined course just an option of B Education (Sec: Humanities & Social Science)/ B Arts or is it a separate thing? And how do you apply for it?

Thanks.

HSC
Dammit! Is there any like supplmentary course to replace this?!?!

Thanks for replying

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
There's just the B Arts/B Education that I'm currently doing.
You can take psychology classes under your arts degree.

Olsen

Hates cold mornings..
HSC
Correct me if i am wrong but i dont think you can major in psychology under this double degree (B Ed/B Arts). you have to study @ least one teaching area for your arts major such as history, english, languages, drama etc.

as others have pointed out USyd no longer offers the B Ed/B Arts(Psych) degree anymore.

Isboredofstudy

HSC
Correct me if i am wrong but i dont think you can major in psychology under this double degree (B Ed/B Arts). you have to study @ least one teaching area for your arts major such as history, english, languages, drama etc.

as others have pointed out USyd no longer offers the B Ed/B Arts(Psych) degree anymore.
Why not? And where can i find one that does? What is the ATAR req for Psychology/Education anyway?

HSC
Well, i've heard MQ has a B Psych w/ Dip Ed....that's close enough..

3Lachlan2

HSC
I saw the course on the website but it didn't tell me its UAI cut-off
Is this combined course just an option of B Education (Sec: Humanities & Social Science)/ B Arts or is it a separate thing? And how do you apply for it?

Thanks.
lol did this question actually get answered? pyschology can on its own require an ATAR of over 90 i think. with arts its much lower. feel free to respond differently

youandmexo

HSC
lol did this question actually get answered? pyschology can on its own require an ATAR of over 90 i think. with arts its much lower. feel free to respond differently
I had this problem.
If you do B Education/B arts @ USYD you CANNOT major in psychology! You can only major from one of the Part A subjects. Psych is a part B subject. However macq does have this course or something similar to it.

I ended up just choosing B Arts majoring in psych because I really wanted to go to usyd :) lol. And yeah arts is like 84 or something. B Psych is 97+ at usyd. pretty nuts lol.

I asked at usyd what the difference between doing a B arts major in psych would be and what a B psych would be they said not much. The only thing is we may need to do an extra year of study or supervision placement. In the end, its going to be the same pay apparently. I am still confused about this concept though - it just does not sound right. But many famous psychologists eg. Zimbardo did B arts so who knows :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)