Attention accounting students asap!!!! (1 Viewer)

HSC
hey guys just wanted to ask the accounting students if maths was a major complex component because i HAVE NOT done math for the HSC but am considering B Commerce (accountancy). will i need maths because i dont do it.

my subjects are
eng adv
business
economics
CAFS
ancient
society and culture

please help

Last edited:

laura-jayne14

HSC
Uni Grad
You have done economics which I assume has maths components involved. They run bridging courses for mathematics over the summer.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Can you manipulate equations and make "r" or "x" the subject? Can you do simultaneous and elimination equations? Can you do simple ratios? Can you input numbers into simple formulae? You would also need to be able to work out depreciation rates etc too.

That is the hardest the mathematics has gotten within Accounting. I do note that certain Universities require "mathematics" for commerce degrees so you may be required to complete a bridging course.

What is the highest level of mathematics you have completed? 5.3? 5.2? 5.1?

You'd probably get a better response posting in this forum http://community.boredofstudies.org/462/commerce-business/

HSC
Can you manipulate equations and make "r" or "x" the subject? Can you do simultaneous and elimination equations? Can you do simple ratios? Can you input numbers into simple formulae? You would also need to be able to work out depreciation rates etc too.

That is the hardest the mathematics has gotten within Accounting. I do note that certain Universities require "mathematics" for commerce degrees so you may be required to complete a bridging course.

What is the highest level of mathematics you have completed? 5.3? 5.2? 5.1?

You'd probably get a better response posting in this forum http://community.boredofstudies.org/462/commerce-business/
year 10 5.2 math so theres no way id do a commerce degree but thanks so much

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)