ATARs for 2021 uni entry (1 Viewer)

Nikolerak

HSC
Do you think that everything that happened this year will affects the minimum ATARs for next year? If yes, will they be higher or lower? I am aware that this will also be different for different courses depending how popular are they.

quickoats

HSC
Generally I reckon higher because nobody would take a gap year + some unis like WSU and Newcastle allow their students to “edit” their GPA/WAM because of covid + more bonus points across the board. But who knows 🤷🏻‍♂️

black.mamba

HSC
I think atar cutoffs will be generally higher for the reasons that @quickoats has said above, but also because many courses have reduced their student intake for the upcoming year due to covid.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
I doubt it will have any drastic impact. Atar cutoffs are based on supply and demand. Less spots + a lot of high atar students applying = high atar requirement as there’s limited spots. Unless there’s a drastic shift of people choosing not to go to uni which I highly doubt nothings going to change much other than some unis offering extra bonus points for people who were affected heavily due to the pandemic.

Reactions: c8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)