ATAR (1 Viewer)

Noemail

HSC
I have received a disappearing ATAR of 47.10, is there any use of this ATAR?

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
I’m afraid not much. It’s not the end of the world. Depending on what you want to do you may not even need an atar. Tafe is also an alternative pathway =)

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Maybe. Change your UAC preferences to courses that exclusively have very low entry requirements <=60 ATAR. Entry is based on demand and “ATAR Cutoff” is only the lowest ATAR that got admitted into the course in the previous year.

You could also go to a Queensland university (I.e. USQ) that have cutoffs at around 30-40.

If you are admitted to a bad university and get good grades in your first year, you can transfer to a good uni that would’ve otherwise required a 90+.

It’s not over until it’s over.

Master Singleton

The Night Owl
HSC
Uni Grad

Master Singleton

The Night Owl
HSC
Uni Grad
OP I've hyperlinked UTS Insearch and The College at Western Sydney University to their respective websites so hopefully the links provided could help you.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
OP I've hyperlinked UTS Insearch and The College at Western Sydney University to their respective websites so hopefully the links provided could help you.
You can do a diploma for information technology at UTS then you can do your bachelor degree
Another alternative is a TAFE diploma before staring the bachelor degree, it's cheaper that way but you won't get as much credit as at Insearch/WSU College (where you would do courses equivalent to the ones at the respective uni which will be recognised)

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Another alternative is a TAFE diploma before staring the bachelor degree, it's cheaper that way but you won't get as much credit as at Insearch/WSU College (where you would do courses equivalent to the ones at the respective uni which will be recognised)
Yeah I second this.

My friend did a Diploma in IT at Tafe after dropping out in year 11 and now he's starting his degree in UTS next year.

[ ]

HSC
Uni Grad
I know it's already a year but for anyone who is facing the same issue you can also go for Open University Australia

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)