Maths Advanced: 9
Studies of Religion II: 5
Biology: 10
Chemistry: 0

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Given this information, I believe that your current position would be consistent with an ATAR within the range of high 70's (more specifically 76) and low 80's (up to 84). Of course, it is important to note that such estimates are far from decisive.

Your performance in English Standard is excellent and is highly likely to make a positive contribution to your ATAR. Since you are ranked first, your Assessment Mark (the mark that reflects your internal performance) will be adjusted to equal the highest Examination Mark (i.e. HSC exam mark) of any student in your cohort. If you end up achieving the highest Examination Mark, then that will simply become your HSC mark (final mark). Hopefully, you did well in your English Standard HSC exam.

The same can be said, although perhaps to a slightly lesser extent, about Studies of Religion II and Biology. Your performance in these two subjects is also likely to make a positive contribution to your ATAR. It is therefore important to prepare for these subjects' HSC exam to the best of your abilities, so that you can maximise your performance, which will increase your chances of achieving your desired ATAR.

On the other hand, Mathematics Advanced and, to a lesser extent, Chemistry, appear to be your lower-performing subjects. Because of this, you should do your utmost in preparation for your Mathematics Advanced and Chemistry HSC exams, which will hopefully lead you to perform at a higher standard in your exams.

I hope this helps! 😄

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
There are two things to keep in mind:
  • The performance of previous cohorts only gives an indication of the standard at which the current cohort may perform. It does not necessarily determine that standard as the current cohort is completely separate and independent of past cohorts. This means that the potential for OP's cohort to achieve band 6's in English Standard remains.
  • Band 6's are not as common in English Standard as they are in English Advanced. This means that previous cohorts not having achieved band 6's in this subject in the case of OP's school is not a novel phenomenon. Back when I did my HSC, my English Standard cohort was of a similar size at 241 students at a school then ranked 207th. My cohort only managed 2 band 6's, whereas the English Advanced cohort received 17 band 6's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)