ATAR estimate pls (1 Viewer)

H.B

HSC
My school is ranked in around the 20s, and would these results get me a 98+ atar:

Trial rank/ Number of B6s in 2021, 2020, 2019 respectively (in brackets)

Math Extension 2: 5/13 (9, 6, 10)
Math Extension 1: 7/13 (10, 8, 10)
English Advanced: 8/41 (17, 10, 16)
Biology: 24/72 (21, 15, 24)
Chemistry: 16/24 (10, 6, 13)

fyi: I also did math advanced HSC last year, hsc mark of 94

Last edited:

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Given this information, I believe that you could be looking at an ATAR between 96 and 98. Your performance in English Advanced, Mathematics Extension 1 and Mathematics Extension 2 is favourable and is likely to make a substantial contribution to your ATAR. Hopefully you performed at a similar standard in your HSC exams for these subjects, which will increase your chances of achieving your desired ATAR.

While not necessarily bad, your position in Biology and Chemistry is slightly less favourable than that of your other subjects and could limit your potential. The good thing is that you are yet to sit your Biology and Chemistry HSC exams (best of luck! 🙏), which means that you can still improve your overall performance in these two subjects by doing your utmost to ensure the best possible standard of performance in your HSC exams.

Of course, this estimate is not decisive, meaning that if you end up doing extremely well, you will definitely have a chance of exceeding this estimate and receiving a 98+ ATAR.

Additionally, it is important to note that despite having accelerated Mathematics Advanced (congratulations on an amazing result by the way!), it will not count towards your ATAR, the reason being that you are taking Mathematics Extension 2.

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)