Are BOWs scaled the same way as exams? (1 Viewer)

Sombreteen

HSC
Im wondering if the external marks for my BOD are scaled according to the people in my cohort. When we had our major works marked the requirement was 70% completed and I scored very highly with got me the number one rank. The problem is I completed it quite hastily during the time of my trials and it didn’t turn out as good as I hoped. The person coming second’s BOW will most likely be marked higher than mine and I was wondering if the same rule applies with major works as with exams.. will I get that mark since I’m ranked first? If anyone could explain how it works that would be really sweet. Thanks :smile:

notthedevil

I love the Pakenham line
HSC
Think of your BOW as part of your HSC exam, along with the theory exam. Each is worth 50%, so they add to make 100%. So, if someone scores higher than you in VA, you will get their mark as your assessment mark, and then your own result in the VA exam and the BOW will be your exam mark. These combine to make your HSC mark. Meaning if you do really well in theory exam, then you can beat the person who is coming second. Same thing if they do badly in the theory exam.

My advice is to try rly hard in the theory exam coming up, so you will negate the possibility of your BOW bringing you down, as each is worth 50% of your HSC mark.

idk if that made sense tell me if it didn't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)