Anyone who did Julius Caesar..look please (1 Viewer)

akim93

HSC
hey i still don't understand the questionwhat did the question actaully mean??i talked about funeral scene and the conflcting perspectives on the character and value of lepidusam i right?
and what was with the diverse..?? was it diverse on opinions..??

Last edited:

WASP

HSC
it was a ridiculous question. not sure they know what it means

CaitlinAngel714

HSC
Actualy I thought it was a pretty good question and pretty generic. I argued that because conflicting perspectives are shown the text is more diverse and we gain insights into the chracters. I talked about the opinions to Caesar using funeral scene and scene 1 which I compared to my related then I talked about Brutus conflicting within himself which i compared to another related

The Land Of Procrastinating.. Which is in the same
HSC
I found this question the hardest.. I still don't really know what they were asking. I just wrote about conflicting perspectives and how they're represented like the techniques structure and how it's an effective technique.. Like Antony's repetition of the word honourable is effective cause its sarcasm and he's clearly mocking Brutus and it's a technique still used today blah blah. Come to think of it, I don't think I answered the question at all :S ... Ahh wells, NO MORE ENGLISH EVERRRRRR!!!

akim93

HSC
I found this question the hardest.. I still don't really know what they were asking. I just wrote about conflicting perspectives and how they're represented like the techniques structure and how it's an effective technique.. Like Antony's repetition of the word honourable is effective cause its sarcasm and he's clearly mocking Brutus and it's a technique still used today blah blah. Come to think of it, I don't think I answered the question at all :S ... Ahh wells, NO MORE ENGLISH EVERRRRRR!!!
ur essay seems so much similar to mine..especialy the techniquesi talked about the techniques because i didn;t understand the questionso i just slipped in how the use of language techniques develop the personality (random) of the characters at the end

boganxcore

HSC
this question was so easy for me! exactly how i prepared essay points, it was great!

jassono

HSC
Far I love english so much, belonging was a kick in the nads, in its surprise but it was still a superb exam

"Cocaine is a hell of a drug"
I took it to mean, there are conflicts of perspectives, obviously with anything
The differing means of representing these conflicts, thats easy thats the whole module
By proffering these many facets of representation, the author asks the audience to acknowledge the deeper wisdom in the text, rather than the superficial conflicts of personalities, but rather, how we, Shakespeare, and the characters use rhetoric and oratory skills to persuade others-it invokes debate about coercion and the tools we use to persuade others
(Which is perfect because my module b, critical study was george orwells essays, and if its taught me anything, is that language and a shrewd manipulation of language is used as a coercive tool)
In my related texts, the differing perspectives cast light upon political ideals and internal moral decisions

They took our derbs

kanux

HSC
the question was pretty straight forward, liked this one the most out of all sections.

oxyray

goodluck.
HSC
I wrote about Shakespeare's bias representation of personalities which generate diverse and provocative insights. Pretty much just how Antony, Casca and Cassius unfold Caesar's character to be a demanding dictator and a tyrant, thus manipulating his audience..... yeah. ran out of time, i thank BOS for their "atleast ONE other related text" !!! otherwise, oh boy.

bozzzzz

HSC
the diverse part is just in reference to like the differing views that arise

the provocative insights i referred to like how it provokes different emotions and perspectives through the different information given to the reader and characters

pretty good questions for the whole exam though

HailSatan

HSC
For the provocative part, I wrote how Antony's sarcastic comments on Brutus' character, such as he is not actually 'honourable', were provocative... And then just wrote a bunch of other bullshit.

trafficjam

HSC
yeah... i thought the question was a bit dodgy at first.. but i ended up talkin about Antonys speech and the effect on the plebians for the provocative part and Brutus' solliloquy by contrast gives a diverse perspective... not to sure on it tho :( i found it hardest of the 3 modules.

Piratefishy

HSC
N/A
TBH, i just made shit up. I talked about how Shakespeare uses a play format to present a fictional representation of a factual account of conflict to make it appeal to an elizabethan audience, using allusions etc to the elizabethan era and how that led to 'insight' into shakespeare's context, and also how shakespeare uses each of the four major characters to symbolise an aspect of conflict eg. Caesar is the catalyst of conflict in terms of him just being there, Cassius represents to population that dislike him based on power/envy, Brutus is the epitome of the Roman nobleman, trying to do what's best for Rome and Antony is the typical supporter of Caesar (despite him being totally wicked and self-interested)....it was all ladida bullshit :p

HSC
pretty much i said it was diverse and provocative as shakespeare uses conflicting perspectives to position the audience to see the power of emotive rhetoric and the flaws of noble men..then i used the speeches in Act 111 sc 11 and analysed both of them

ixswans

HSC
Hardest question out of BR and Speeches. Basically, I used the idea of 'diverse' as meaning a range of perspectives the composer layers to create several interpretations of a person and/or event - I did Funeral orations, views on Caesar as a leader, Cassius/Brutus andd put some overlapping stuff about Antony in there too. My other article was about the rights of the unborn and it was pretty evenhanded all throughout, and only really had two POV's, so i talked about how the responder made it appear even handed but really maintained a tone of pro-life all through, not really allowing the text to be diverse. Don't expect much from it, really.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
I took a post-structuralist view, arguing the Death of the Author (Roland Barthes) and how diverse perspectives arise from the inability of language to be a objective form of representation of meaning, and since every responder will interpret texts in their own individual ways, this leads to provocative insights when dealing with the significance of texts.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
lol reader response theory - but if you're arguing the subjectiveness of language, isn't it implied that the author's bias will be inherent in the text itself - as opposed to a text gaining meaning only when a responder engages with it?
The composer's bias is irrelevant. The responder interprets the text based on their own contextual influences which are independent of the composer's. The composer can never truly express meaning.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
fair enough - I argued the exact opposite in my ee2 :D

but personally, i disagree when dealing with Caesar - it is not so much the conflicting perspectives which are leading to the insights, but more the indeterminacy within the text...
That's also a fair point but the indeterminacy arises from the notion that there are a diverse range of interpretations which responders draw out from a text. "The world is knowable; but it is interpretable otherwise, it has no meaning behind it, but countless meanings.”

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I took a post-structuralist view, arguing the Death of the Author (Roland Barthes) and how diverse perspectives arise from the inability of language to be a objective form of representation of meaning, and since every responder will interpret texts in their own individual ways, this leads to provocative insights when dealing with the significance of texts.
I sincerely hope you're not talking about Julius Caesar there? I've never heard that name before... :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)