Anyone Else Leave Early? (1 Viewer)

Adrian.

HSC
GromReaper said:
Stupid as in "Oh screw this, I don't know about flowcharts or algorithms or anything." I skipped question 22 or 23 b, which was worth 12 marks in total.
Anyone know where I can get the paper? I'm not doing SDD but I'd like to have a go at the algorithms anyway.

Terra_Niux

l337 h4x0r
HSC
N/A
It was the easiest test I have done in Year 11 and 12.. I hope my results are good, I think I screwed the MC though, stupid ambiguous pieces of junk :vcross:

DJGerber

3rd Year BIT @ UTS
HSC
That was so darn easy. They only tested half the syllabus! I wanted to get a Band 6 by knowing the entire course but it looks like the bar just got... lowered.

They tested pretty much every sorting and searching technique, but not a single syntactical diagram? looks like they put it together at the last minute.

I wonder how this will affect scaling in either a positive or negative way.

tgrotvet

Narrow Test

DJGerber said:
They only tested half the syllabus! I wanted to get a Band 6 by knowing the entire course but it looks like the bar just got... lowered.
I concur. Yes, I found that a lot of what I was rushing about studying for this morning (fetch-execute, CPU stuff) was completely invisible. There is that feeling of wishing there was some stuff there that would better... sort the sheep from the goats, as it were.

Still, I probably shouldn't say that, as my "water sytem" IPO and DFD were utter rubbish, and I stupidly evaluated the second in those two-collumns with functions, in Evolution, to 12, not 6. I don't think I'll lose more than one mark for that, though. These problem-spots for me, though, weren't probably what the other people would class as the hardest stuff. Just a sort of chance thing, that I was poor on those points. Still, I should think I'll at least match my Catholic Trial mark of 85%. Probably beat it a bit, if it's marked similarly.

Perhaps it was written this way due to people going so badly ever since '01. It's confusing as to the scaling thing. The Board and UAC don't seem to recognise any intrinsic ease or difficulty in the courses, and all scaling and aligning and such is supposedly based on performance. With that in mind, it seems counter-intuitive that it scales badly. Perhaps they have some way of knowing what quality of candidature sits, such as English Paper 1 marks. But then, those who would be good at English are not always those who're good at more precise things like algorithmic thinking. Anyone who could shed any light on this for us, that'd be appreciated.

smallcattle

HSC
LOL, some girl at my school tried to leave after 30mins, but the examiner didnt let her until after 1 hour

Jebu

Ive never really understood the software course. The past papers were terribly hard, and it scales really badly. I was really happy with the test today (Except the MC, that was tought) but it makes me wonder how it will scale this year, given that last year it scaled badly and was alot harder. Any thoughts?

Rabz_17

I was writin for the best part of 2.75 hours, so i didn't leave early.

I don get ppl who leave early, u should atleast sit there and go over the test and be confident with the answers you did put down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)