Anyone else go crap...... (1 Viewer)

Picle

HSC
All these people blabbering on about getting or scraping 25/30 for indo with little work done on indo and hoping for 90 odd is pissing me off lol. Anyone think they went bad in sections like I did....Germany Tolitarian shat on me like theres no tomorrow...

=slade=

HSC
Picle said:
All these people blabbering on about getting or scraping 25/30 for indo with little work done on indo and hoping for 90 odd is pissing me off lol. Anyone think they went bad in sections like I did....Germany Tolitarian shat on me like theres no tomorrow...

dont worry! i completly stuffed cold war, and without ANY quotes, i dont think my marks will be soaring any time soon!

boringhousewife

HSC
didn't do well either

My own fault though. I wasn't prepared. I thought the paper was fair and easy, if you knew your stuff. i didn't know my stuff.

bugs

:(

yeh, i blew it.
stupid Speer - cos i was pushing time w/the totalitarian essay (which i don't even think had a strong thesis) - i ran out of time for Speer - i answered it but not very well. :( - it sucks bad cos that was my last exam and i wanted you know, to finish on a good note- to be honest- i probably should have studied more...

there go my dreams- i will not be at ease until the 18th January - :(
who knows what those UAI cut offs will be damnit

dr3amy

why is everyone going on about quotes, most of the teachers say you dont have to quote the historians you just have to restate their idea in your own words, they serve the same purpose. so dont worry about not having quotes

nwatts

HSC
dr3amy_pisc3an said:
why is everyone going on about quotes, most of the teachers say you dont have to quote the historians you just have to restate their idea in your own words, they serve the same purpose. so dont worry about not having quotes
To get a high band 6 you need to be commenting on what different historians and critics have to say about your chosen area. You don't always need to quote someone, but you need to mention their name. Unsupported ideas = no marks. The plight of a student philosopher is tough.

study buddy

troglodyte
HSC
=slade= said:
dont worry! i completly stuffed cold war, and without ANY quotes, i dont think my marks will be soaring any time soon!
I did exactly the same!! Rambled on for 8 pages about crap... not looking forward to seeing what I got there.

nwatts

HSC
=slade= said:
whats the max marks you can get without quotes do u no?
I can't imagine you'd get an 18-20 for national if you didn't mention a quote/name. I think you could get away with it in personality. For conflict, I'd say all band 6 responses would need to bring in the historiography of the situation they're dicsussing.

neafoo

HSC
i dont think i did good ;(
and i think you can get into band 5 without quotes but i may be wrong

Picle

HSC
id say band 5 easy in with no quote things i didnt put any in the whole essay have enough trouble remembering the dates and aspects of each question rather then remembering stupid old peoples lines

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
nwatts said:
I can't imagine you'd get an 18-20 for national if you didn't mention a quote/name. I think you could get away with it in personality. For conflict, I'd say all band 6 responses would need to bring in the historiography of the situation they're dicsussing.
I think this is correct. The top response will invariably be well supported by historiography. But I think it's kinda difficult to do well for every section anyway, if you do a decent job (16-17ish in national studies, 25-27ish in pacific) and don't screw up elsewhere, you can still get close to the 90 raw mark (which, I'd imagine would assure a band 6)

johnny_87

HSC
I probably used 1 actual quote on average per essay, however, you're not meant to rewrite what the historian says, although the odd quote is good.

Usually, I'd say "According to Cantwell", "Sheffield notes that", or "Baer states that". Then I'd put their ideas into my own words.

pigman13

HSC
Don't worry dude...i fucked up aswell..the sources section was really easy and i was thinking what a good exam it was...then i got to the harder questions and totally fucked up..i'll be lucky to pass. good luck to every1 else tho

nookie

HSC
i totally forgot what totalitarian state was, so i chose the other one - just mentioned previous chancellors. i even forgot that word man! i think i'll get 3/20 for that part. i'm so screwed.

0Jade0

HSC
My national essay was the worst: Germany Totalitarian
I made no sense. I will be happy to get a 10 for that.

C

Crazy Pomo

Use the force Heineken

Picle said:
Fuck no. Nailed the fucker. Used shitloads of historiography in totalitarianism (which practically begs it) and also in Cold War (Gaddis). You prolly didn't go as bad as you think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)