Anyone else get 100 in the Latin Paper? (1 Viewer)

Lau93

HSC
N/A
Do people with state rankings always get 100 or can they get lower than that?

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
rofl

pretty sure I screwed the cicero unseen + grammar

mid-high 90s would be enough for a state rank in latin

lishsghs

HSC
What schools do you Latin kids go to??

I thought the paper was pretty fair, quite difficult grammar in both the multiple choice and the unseens.
Unseens were pretty translatable, the only comment question which was a bit of a trek was the Cicero 10 marker.

HSC
N/A
To quote the crucified guy, I have never seen such an abomination.

Grammar was phucked, Cicero 10 marker was a battle, bit vague too, unseens tough as usual but otherwise ok haha.

Does anyone know the usual cut-off for a band 6?

lishsghs

HSC
The head marker of 2010 told me that, in that year it was 75 raw mark... however for some reason that doesn't sit well with me because when i put my 88 internal in an atar calculator it pretty much stays the same or becomes like 90.2

enoilgam

HSC
The head marker of 2010 told me that, in that year it was 75 raw mark... however for some reason that doesn't sit well with me because when i put my 88 internal in an atar calculator it pretty much stays the same or becomes like 90.2
The raw internal mark is moderated. Aligning occurs to the raw exam mark.

enoilgam

HSC
*layman.. please forgive 3hr latin exam
Forgiven - I dont envy the latin guys. Basically, internal marks are moderated based on a cohorts performance in the externals - this process is somewhat complex and is best explained here http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/hsc-results/moderation.html. In terms of external marks, the are aligned differently each year. So for instance, the markers might decide that 75/100 is enough for a band 6 this year, which means that all people who got 75+/100 will get a band 6. This only applies to the final exam though.

Some Vunt

Banned
HSC
If 75 -> 90
Then 88 -> x
So it probably goes to like 94-96
Put that in the ATAR calculator.

HSC
N/A
Think i can hit 80, that's cool.

Do many guys here do extension? I swear it is so much easier... no grammar and lots of tasty commentary. And the seen is so weird it sticks in my mind

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
latin has shit scaling once you hit the low-b6s equivalent raw mark since the cohort is tiny

a reported mark of 90 latin is pretty much equivalent scaling to a reported mark of 78 in mx1

ye want to be aiming for higher

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
think i can hit 80, that's cool.

Do many guys here do extension? I swear it is so much easier... No grammar and lots of tasty commentary. And the seen is so weird it sticks in my mind
100% agreed :p

CallieBabe

HSC
To quote the crucified guy, I have never seen such an abomination.

Grammar was phucked, Cicero 10 marker was a battle, bit vague too, unseens tough as usual but otherwise ok haha.

Does anyone know the usual cut-off for a band 6?
That's brilliant dude... I actually wrote "I have never seen such an abomination" as my comment for the paper on that blue sheet.. love a classical allusion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)