Any1 drop 3u for 2u?? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Has anyone dropped 3u at start of yr 12/end yr 11 for 2u.. if so is it true that generally these ppl dont do so well??

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I was going to do that... but then my mark of "fail" was still good enough to get scaled up to 70% at my school... so I ended up keeping it.

Although from what I've heard- people who did 3u in yr11, find that the work in yr12 2u is very similar? But then that might be because in our school the 3u classes are 2u+3u work combined with a different order.

roadcone

HSC
i dropped my 3u maths at the beginning of yr 12 because i had too many units. i improved my rank dramatically to 2nd (ranked out of both 2u and 3u kids) and found that the work was pretty easy and i had no stress at all.

umm i found it was better because i could just focus on killing 2u, had i stuck with my 3u i probably would have ended up with an E4, but i dont think my 2u would have been anywhere near where it is now. and basically because i didn't need anything more than 2u i decided that it was the best decision for me.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Hmm for our school- ranks are 2u, 3u and 4u. ie. If you are doing 2unit maths, you're still competing with students from 3u and 4u who also do those exams; but in the end, if the 4u people choose to continue 4u right to the end, then of course their 2u marks don't count.

HSC
yeah thats what i thought, that if i dropped 3u then i could spend all my time on 2u, but my new teachers over complicates so much. spose the key is to be motivated... :(

anyone got any motivation/ maths study ideas that work..?

taco man

don't know don't care
HSC
yep i did, i found the work heaps easier cause we covered most of the 2u stuff in yr 11 3u and no alota ppl do pretty gud, just dont get too lazy.

treelovinhippie

<this space for rent>
HSC
I dropped 4U about 3 weeks before the exams... but then only had to do the 3U exam since I got 85 in the previous year for 2U so just decided to use that.

*ashlea*

HSC
I dropped 3u for 2u on the 3rd last day of school... It kinda pissed off the careers teacher cos he had to make special arangements for me with BOS cos the cut off date for dropping was the friday before that.. oh well, my 2u ended up much better than it would have been if i had had to study for 3u as well.

HSC
taco man said:
yep i did, i found the work heaps easier cause we covered most of the 2u stuff in yr 11 3u and no alota ppl do pretty gud, just dont get too lazy.
amen to that one..except the 'not getting lazy' part will most likely be my downfall:(

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
I dropped down from 3 unit to 2 unit and have been coming 1st in my class since. Just hate to get up heaps early in the morning and the workload for 3 unit maths where I was coming 30/36.
A guy lower than my rank didn't drop it until a couple of days before the trials, it was a waste of time staying in 3 unit for him. He joined my class but I still got a higher mark than him in the trials, so I guess being in 3u maths for so long didn't help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)