Another islamic terrorist attack in France (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slippy5

HSC
how come when i go to bankstown where there is a high concentration of muslims, i feel worried but when I go to haymarket I feel safe? Is this normal? how do other people feel?
The biggest determiner of higher rates of crime is lower socio-economic status and not religion or ethnicity.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
The biggest determiner of higher rates of crime is lower socio-economic status and not religion or ethnicity.
good point actually. but just doesn't make sense to me

in bankstown, every 2nd car is a AMG / rs3 / macan but in mount druitt the average car is like a civic / toyota / holden but i feel safer there

maybe that's just me i guess 🤔

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Yes, extreme Islamic terrorist attacks are awful but like other posters have pointed out they do not represent all or even a majority of Muslims. In fact, if we wanted to view the extremist minority of any group as representative of the whole group then all Buddhists are guilty of genocide (Rohingya Muslims)
And so are the ottoman muslims

all Christians are guilty as Klu Klux Klan members
If the KKK is the best example you can find, then it still proves that muslims are more extreme than christians.

And btw, terrorists are behaving like the holy prophet os Islam, whereas the KKK are not behaving like jesus.

all Hindus are guilty for islamophobic violence in India.
There are multiple muslim countries in which the practice of christianity, and India's neighbour pakistan persecutes christians and have executed dozens for committing "blasphemy".

But the fact remains that extremists will claims legitimacy through religion but are not representative of these religions.
This is also why no even Muslim majority country has more than 21% of the population supporting Islamic State (and thats in Syria itself!).
21% is fucking enormous! And that's just the most extreme islamic group there is and not islamic terrorism in general. You're absolutely proving my point.

Islam is not an inherently violent religion
It was founded by an extremely violent man and spread through extreme acts of violence

and many of the reasons that Muslim majority countries have laws that appear “backwards” to us is a result of complex social and cultural factors which is why these laws massively differ even between countries led by Sunni Muslims or Shia Muslims. It is blatantly wrong to suggest that Islam is the sole or even main cause of these laws.
The founder of Islam literally married a fucking child for goodness' sake

Finally, while of course Mohammad marriage to Aisha was pretty bad (as it should be) by today’s standard lets keep in mind that this was a practice openly accepted and engaged in byJewish peoples and Christians also at the time.
what the fuck is this "by today's standards" shit? Islam doesn't change depending on the year. Nothing in the Quran is invalidated because 1400 years have passed. Under Islam, if something was okay 1400 years ago, it's okay today. And the only reason its not okay today is because of the influence of the west. Without the west, it would never have changed.

On the notion that Mohammad was a violent “warlord” lets see this Quran quote “But if they incline to peace, you also incline to it, and (put your) trust in God”.
Yeah, a quote doesn't invalidate historical fact

I highly doubt you have read the Quran considering you backed up none of your arguments with evidence OP.
What exactly do you dispute? He was a pedophile (you admit this), he was a slave trader and he was a warlord. These are all established historical facts that people only deny because it makes their backward religion look bad.

Lets all try to be a little less hostile and learn before jumping into anger and prejudice.
Anger and prejudice, you say, while muslims around the world are protesting in favour of the terrorists? When the leaders of major islamic countries like Iran support these terrorists.

Muslims are more upset over a cartoon than they are over literal murders. Anyone who thinks blasphemy should be illegal is an extremist, and most muslims support the criminalization of blasphemy.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
There is no proof that socio-economic status causes crime.

Also, african-americans meadian household income is ten times higher than Vietnam's, and yet they commit many more murders per capita each year, so socio-economic status does not explain crime differences.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
I feel scared when I go to the north shore, I don’t know why...

Is this the same for you?
So you feel scared in a suburb that has one of the lowest crime rates in Sydney? Bizarre.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
I thought I should also add a quote from the Grand Mufti of Australia in 2015 to further nail the point home —> “We reiterate that the sanctity of human life is guaranteed in Islam... there is no justification for the taking of innocent lives”. That was in response to the Paris attacks which he clearly and rightfully condemned as a prominent Muslim leader.
Yeah dumb dumb, but muslims don't consider blasphemers to be innocent. One man saying something doesn't determine the opinions of millions of other people.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
There is no proof that socio-economic status causes crime.

Also, african-americans meadian household income is ten times higher than Vietnam's, and yet they commit many more murders per capita each year, so socio-economic status does not explain crime differences.
You must also consider cost of living and what not.

But yes culture can play a part in crime not just socioeconomic status.

catha230

HSC
The hypocrisy here is quite a number of Muslims have protested against Macron's decision of endorsing the cartoon as a protected speech. I mean they have the balls to use the freedom of speech to suppress the freedom of speech? What a joke!

Edit: I did not read the article. Apprently this is also in it...

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A
The hypocrisy here is quite a number of Muslims have protested against Macron's decision of endorsing the cartoon as a protected speech. I mean they have the balls to use the freedom of speech to suppress the freedom of speech? What a joke!
French values of "liberty, equality, fraternity" are probably one of the greatest paradoxes in the 21st century. The social inequality gap is ridiculous, and only certain groups are actually allowed to express freedom of speech under "freedom of speech". What irony!

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
French values of "liberty, equality, fraternity" are probably one of the greatest paradoxes in the 21st century. The social inequality gap is ridiculous, and only certain groups are actually allowed to express freedom of speech under "freedom of speech". What irony!
I wouldn’t say that.

Western and European Nations(with some exceptions) are by far the most fair and free. France is one of the five OECD countries where Income inequality has decreased over the years. Western countries have far more freedom of speech than any other country(with a few exceptions).

There is no proof that France actively suppresses Freedom of speech and even though it may happen here or there, they are lone incidents and there is no data trend to show it happens on a large basis.

France as with most Western countries have the most liberty and equality and as someone who knows family friends studying in France, I can tell you they appreciate it too..

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A
I wouldn’t say that.

Western and European Nations(with some exceptions) are by far the most fair and free. France is one of the five OECD countries where Income inequality has decreased over the years. Western countries have far more freedom of speech than any other country(with a few exceptions).

There is no proof that France actively suppresses Freedom of speech and even though it may happen here or there, they are lone incidents and there is no data trend to show it happens on a large basis.

France as with most Western countries have the most liberty and equality.
you've clearly never been to France, it's nothing like Australia. The friendliest people in France, interestingly, are the immigrants, and i say that from experience. The racism and marginalisation there is blatant.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
you've clearly never been to France, it's nothing like Australia. The friendliest people in France, interestingly, are the immigrants, and i say that from experience. The racism and marginalisation there is blatant.
I have family friends studying in France and they love it. Racism exists everywhere even here. That’s a cultural problem, not a country problem. The country itself has a fair and free constitution so blame the people who are bad not France.

Reactions: L C

catha230

HSC
The social inequality gap is ridiculous,
Hmmm...compared to what? social inequality in general has been risen up worldwide but it's still better in Europe compared to less say America, let alone countries like Brazil or China or Kenya (just to name some random few)
and only certain groups are actually allowed to express freedom of speech under "freedom of speech"
I'm not sure where this comes from. I agree that laws regarding freedom of speech in France and other Europe countries are not as loose as those in America but your statement is a bit far fetched to me.

Long story short, I'm not sure why you cited my comment since your comment and my comments are like apples and oranges lol :D

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A
I have family friends studying in France and they love it. Racism exists everywhere even here. That’s a cultural problem, not a country problem. The country itself has a fair and free constitution so blame the people who are bad not France.
that hate is perpetuated by their president, Macron, and who votes him in? So it definitely is a country problem. Great to see your family friends loving it there, because i can surely say my family isn't

The only thing saving France is the Eiffel tower which has quite a dark history and their sxc language, otherwise it'd be one of the sucky European countries.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
that hate is perpetuated by their president, Macron, so it definitely is a country problem. Great to see your family friends loving it there, because i can surely say my family hates it there.

The only thing saving France is the Eiffel tower which has quite a dark history and their language.
Whilst yes he didn’t condemn the cartoons initially, that doesn’t make it a country problem. As I’ve said it has a fair and free constitution. Still a cultural problem. If he were to change the laws to discriminate against a group of people that would be a country problem.

The only thing saving France is the Eiffel tower which has quite a dark history and their sxc language, otherwise it'd be one of the sucky European countries.
Every country has a dark history. People back in the day didn’t have the same morals we do. By today’s standards every country has a bad history, that’s just how humanity was, primal.

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A
Whilst yes he didn’t condemn the cartoons initially, that doesn’t make it a country problem. As I’ve said it has a fair and free constitution. Still a cultural problem. If he were to change the laws to discriminate against a group of people that would be a country problem.
I will stop here. You are entitled to your own opinion.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
French values of "liberty, equality, fraternity" are probably one of the greatest paradoxes in the 21st century. The social inequality gap is ridiculous,
Try again

and only certain groups are actually allowed to express freedom of speech under "freedom of speech". What irony!
Who isn't allowed to express their beliefs? Terrorists calling for terrorist attacks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)