Anki (1 Viewer)

nandos1

HSC
I am in year 12, I started using Anki, and it has been very helpful however for certain subjects there is not a lot of time and a lot of content to go through, I was wondering if anyone has Anki cards for the following subjects, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics (Advanced).??

vishnay

God
HSC
I am in year 12, I started using Anki, and it has been very helpful however for certain subjects there is not a lot of time and a lot of content to go through, I was wondering if anyone has Anki cards for the following subjects, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics (Advanced).??
For Maths, Phys and Chem I suggest you DO NOT use Anki. These subjects really depend on you applying your knowledge and solving problems. The best way to approach these subjects would be to do practice questions and heaps of them. For Chem and Phys look at concepts you don't understand. I tend not to memorise for science and instead understand the concept as the concepts stick with you. For Maths do past papers and practice questions. Also, just curious, but why did you switch from your previous way of memorising content to Anki flash-cards so late in the HSC course?

HSC
N/A
I agree with @vishnay. These subjects require a high ability to solve different problems rather than just be familiar with the assessed content. You need to practice as many questions as possible and try to use these flashcards for more content-based subjects (that is, if you do any).

turtle67

HSC
I agree with @vishnay. These subjects require a high ability to solve different problems rather than just be familiar with the assessed content. You need to practice as many questions as possible and try to use these flashcards for more content-based subjects (that is, if you do any).
Do you reckon it would be good for business and economics?

jojosiwa123

HSC
Will Anki be good to use for History subjects
Do you reckon it would be good for business and economics?
yes, it's good for any subject where you need to memorise content. (however you need to be consistent otherwise there's no point). It IS NOT good for those in which you need to do equations and apply skills eg maths, chemistry and physics. keep in mind it's basically just spaced memorisation...so you do need to include additional study eg writing essays.

SweatyAsian#1

HSC
For Maths, Phys and Chem I suggest you DO NOT use Anki. These subjects really depend on you applying your knowledge and solving problems. The best way to approach these subjects would be to do practice questions and heaps of them. For Chem and Phys look at concepts you don't understand. I tend not to memorise for science and instead understand the concept as the concepts stick with you. For Maths do past papers and practice questions. Also, just curious, but why did you switch from your previous way of memorising content to Anki flash-cards so late in the HSC course?
Since I'm leaning towards using AND refining online + tutoring notes and combining them for Chemistry instead of writing my own notes (not entirely laziness but why spent 'grands' on tuition if your just gonna start from scratch/textbook :/)...

Do you think as a form of self-study/consolidation, I could use chemistry flashcards on the ROTE-learning aspects, as well as any repeated mistakes I make in past papers?
(P.S. I take like 1-1hr 30min hour travel time altogether on school days so I need something to do other than podcasts, music, etc.)

dasfas

HSC
Since I'm leaning towards using AND refining online + tutoring notes and combining them for Chemistry instead of writing my own notes (not entirely laziness but why spent 'grands' on tuition if your just gonna start from scratch/textbook :/)...

Do you think as a form of self-study/consolidation, I could use chemistry flashcards on the ROTE-learning aspects, as well as any repeated mistakes I make in past papers?
(P.S. I take like 1-1hr 30min hour travel time altogether on school days so I need something to do other than podcasts, music, etc.)
Yes, good idea. But you should definitely do your own study from the textbook too. The more sources for your notes, the better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)