And you guys think u had a bad day... (1 Viewer)

nifty03

HSC
And you guys thought u had a bad day...

Ok, b4 my exam started i was so confident and all..
and then this friend of mine came and said to me:" man i hope ur calculator runs outta battery." I just laughed at it...
The next moment i found myself doing Question 4 aboutish, where i needed my calculator to work out sin and cos, + log. (some other questions afterwards)
and surprise surprise... the batteries ran out.. and my calculator was dead when i needed...
i asked the supervisor if i could get another calculator from my friend (he's brought 2) or just borrow one from those who went out after 1 hour...
she just said, oh okay, just wait a min..
and i waited until 1 hour later, she finally came back to me with a calculator...
and i had like.. 40 mins left..
Although i still had sufficient time to finish the exam, i was still very upset about what happened...
anyways i was pretty amazed and proud that i remained calm..
gee what a day to start this week.

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
what?!?
wtf - " man i hope ur calculator runs outta battery."
and then 1hr without battery??

nifty03

HSC
Literally, he wished that my calculator would run outta battery.
so i started doign the exam.. until Question 4 or sumthing, the battery really ran out.
so i was trying to get one calculator after that. but i wasn't allowed to ask anyone, and i was told to keep working. and the supervisor would get me one. which she finally managed after 1 hour..

sar567

That sucks!

Does ur friend felt guilty for jinxing you? I would if id said tht , though i wouldnt caus id worry it would happen, as it did.

They must be slow if they took an hour to get a spare, well at my school every 2nd person brought a spare

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
i always bring 2 in case.. my friend however was crazy she brign in 3!

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
I BETTER "JINX" all my enemies:

"I HOPE ALLLL YOU PENS RUN OUT"

muhahahahahhahaahahhaha

eeyore

Well at least you were allowed to borrow a calculator
I read in the rules that you're not supposed to borrow anything even if it does run out
That's why everyone at my school has 2.. lol

xGSiR

True i was scared if my calculator would die on me so i brang two in case :)

kt san

i felt risky bringing one
but since all the people i noe with spare calculators are doing the test as well i couldn't borrow it from anyway
and it felt stupid to buy a new calculator after my graduation

tempco

HSC
Man one of my friends had forgotten about a calculator.. he had to borrow it from a year 9 kid.. :s

Rahul

Dead Member
i had a habbit of forgetting calculators for my yearlies in yr 11 and even my half yearlies in yr 12:p
all worked out ok but.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by LaZy_KoReAn
I BETTER "JINX" all my enemies:

"I HOPE ALLLL YOU PENS RUN OUT"

muhahahahahhahaahahhaha
MuAHuhauAUha mate, you shouldnt say that - karma mate!

LOL

yeah i always bring 2 calculators - just in case and batteries - yeah call me a freak or whatever - but better to be safe than sorry

the supervisors at our skool had 3 brand new calculators at the front - still sealded and everything so yeah :)

Almost There

my goal in life is to be a trophy north shore mum.
my firned had 3 calculators...onr form the 70s, one of the old flip top ones form the 90s and one of the new ones.

i lost my calculator the first day of stu vac and my sister (ultimate bitch) wouldnt let me borrow hers. so i had to try and fine a new one. but i have had the old "flip top" ones from the 90s which they stopped make a few years ago and i didnt know how to use the new one...so i went all stu vac without a calcultor till school started agian and i could borrow a year 10s. I LOVE U D!!!

and then i also borrow another spare from a neighbor.

thank god i will never need a scientific calcutor AGAIN!!!! ahhhh!!!

Reshie

LilRed Spikey Haired Man
HSC
lol....
why dont u guys change the batteries,by maybe unscrewing them,thats what i did, i chnage my batteries....

even though i fucked up the test sooo hard
"i only got one mark guranteed and thats Q1f"
Sigh**

nic_rei

HSC
and then this friend of mine came and said to me:" man i hope ur calculator runs outta battery." I just laughed at it...
What a horrible thing to say to you, even if it was in a joke...some people just love to upset others to elevate themselves! Gee, I can't get over that, how weird!

I'm a paranoid too and bring two calculators with fresh batteries...I just freak out that somethign's going to happen.

Would it be possible to put in an appeal for that?
I'm amazed you got the test done if you went 1 hr with no calculator. I only just finished it in the time we had.

nifty03

HSC
lol 3 calculators... sif 2 of them would die on u at the same time...
but then again, who knows what horrible things can happen :-\
i just hope that it doens't happen in my 3u test...
i am gonna go get a new calculator now (yes it's stupid, but i don't want to risk my HSC)

nifty03

HSC
Originally posted by RX8LP
i didnt use a calculator in the exam.....
really?
how did u manage to work out sin and cos that doesn't involve any special angles and log?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)