Amenhotep III To the death of Ramesses II (1 Viewer)

Mohammed.

hey everyone
I got two questions. Firstly i just wanna see what everyone thinks will be the essay questions for the New kingdom- Amenhotep III to the death Ramesses II topic in the hsc?

also i need help with the restoration of Amun question, or could anyone show me their response to it plz

thanx

launcher169

Lord of Chaos
HSC
I do this topic....and yet i have absolutely no idea on what is most likely to be tested in the HSC.
Just hoping it will be on Foreign/Military Policy..i would certainly like that :)

Sickle

Hello Sunshine
HSC
There's too much to know, so I'm fucked.

megzi-may

you can break down this topic if you're having trouble. i mean you get like 4 option questions for it.
there is most likely going to be a question on Ramesses, so you should learn him- know his foreign policies, campains and building programs.
Amenhotep 3 is another 'big' part of this topic so learn him.
There probably be a question on Akhenaten and his religious reforms and the re-building of Amun
So learn these three key pharohs and roughly know the others, and just pick the questions that you know.

SmokedSalmon

HSC
last year in the HSC exam I remember doing one on Ramses II building programs...
also there was a question about contribution of 2 queens during the new kingdom period, and something about Seti I, Ramses I and Ramses II (I think it was how they consolidated the empire once again)

Mohammed.

well is it safe to ignore anything that came in last years hsc exam or too risky?

SmokedSalmon

HSC
highly unlikely, they would put an exact some question in this years hsc if it appeared in last year's one. They may focus on a different aspect of that particular pharaoh's reign instead. (referring to ramses II here). but I STRONGLY advise to check out the questions from 2002 and 2001 exams cause they might appear in the exam this time... The reason i say this is because the 2 queens question appeared in (I think it was) the 2001 HSC exam. i'm sure ur teacher can get the past papers for you cause board of studies doesn't seem to have that section.

Mohammed.

ohhh ok... yeh i noticed the two queens question in 2001. I guess i will jst have to cram as much as i can lol thanx

persephone

HSC
i think that there is too much for the historical period. but i think it might be a theme type question rather than focusing on a pharaoh and their effects

launcher169

Lord of Chaos
HSC
yeah i agree with persephone i think that the questions will be of a thematic nature...it has been this way for this Historical period....they would generally avoid to ask questions on Akhenaten tho....cause he's a personality and it would be a disadvantage to ppl not doing him

Gemstone

Well this historical period breaks down into 3 main sections

The Amarna Period - Amenhotep III (is lead in to this) & Akhenaten
Restoration - Tutankhamen, Aye and Horemheb
Renaisonce/Rebirth - Ramesses I, Seti I and Ramesses II

BTW they have specified Akhenaten in this option before 2002 I think. They repeat questions exactly in last years HSC for society I think it was from the 2001 HSC. So yeah they can repeat questions, though I doubt they'd do the same two years in a row.

Gemma

Afifa

HSC
I need help urgently....I have an assessment due in a week on Rameses II and i need some info on him...Can someone please come to my rescue..?

Thanx
xoxoxo

zazzy1234

Banned
HSC
i know amenhotep 3 n Amun, they were around at the time of prophet Joseph, amenhotop ordered for aumun to be abolished cz he didn't agree with idol worshiping:music: if uz need any help wif them 2 just send me a message :)

ashleighjade

HSC
O.O Well, we had our focus day today. I think we decided it's going to be (possibly/hopefully) something-Ramesside?

You can work it out logically! 2008 was Akhenaten and Kadesh, they are out. 2007 was Amenhotep III and Queens so they are out. 2006 was Seti and foreign policy, may be brought up again? Not likely. 2005 was Horemheb and Ramesses II building program (specific).

I don't know about you guys but I am definitely feeling some "Assess the reign of Ramesses II"..? O.O Or something like that. Possibly Seti I too! :|

Just learn 20-25 points one each pharaoh. Not as difficult as it may seem now. 5 points on religion, 5 on admin (foreign/internal policy), 5 on warrior pharaoh image, 5 on buildings and 5 on propaganda - give or take whatever.. You'll be sweet. And, for those of you do Akhenaten as a personality you're even more golden, always find a way to intergrate him into your essays. He had such a HUGE impact on Egypt that he shouldn't be forgotten. Plus, devoting time to Akhie takes up lines! ;D

8 pages for Historical Period! O.O I might be sick. :|

So, yeah, my point was: I am definitely feeling some Ramesses II (pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease) this year! As for the other question my teacher predicted OFFICIALS. She has a knack for knowing these things.. :| It's scary. She predicted Kadesh last year, Queens the year before and Seti in 2006.. :| I am going to trust her judgement.. :|

Good luck with the HSC, guys!
Less than 4 weeks to go! Hells to the yes! :D:D:D:D

jackydoll

HSC
Well in the exam, you would choose between a significant aspect or assessment of a pharaoh or one of the aspects throughout the topic (eg religious policy, military campaign).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)