Am i screwed for the trials? (1 Viewer)

cloud_berry

HSC
On the first week of holidays i was studying for about 4 hours a day pretty consistently, but then i don’t know what happened but i ended up getting burnt out and didn’t study for like 7 days which ended up flying by, and now i realise i only have 16 days left until the trials. Is it still possible i can do well or should i just save my energy for the HSC?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
It is definitely possible to do well as 16 remaining days are definitely enough to catch up on content and successfully complete your trial exam preparations. You must not give up on your studies and go into your trial exams unprepared as the effect this can have on your final rank can be quite detrimental and will subsequently affect your ATAR negatively. Not only does saving your energy for the HSC sacrifice your trial results, possibly damaging your performance, but maintaining such a mentality as you get closer to the HSC exam may actually cause further detriment to your performance because you wouldn't have done anything to address your current issue, meaning there will likely be a chance that you struggle during your HSC exam preparations in a way similar to the difficulties you are currently facing.

What you should do starting now is to get back to studying consistently like you were at the start of the holidays, not only because this is essential for good performance and because you have enough time to compensate for the days lost, but also because resolving the problem early allows you to adopt and maintain the right mentality (determination and diligence) going forward, which will be extremely important once your trial exams are completed and you begin your HSC exam preparations. HSC exams should not be taken lightly as they are worth 50% of your final HSC mark for each subject, meaning you must be ready to sit them (mental and content readiness) and consistent/effective trial exam preparations can greatly assist with this.

I hope this helps! :D

cloud_berry

HSC
It is definitely possible to do well as 16 remaining days are definitely enough to catch up on content and successfully complete your trial exam preparations. You must not give up on your studies and go into your trial exams unprepared as the effect this can have on your final rank can be quite detrimental and will subsequently affect your ATAR negatively. Not only does saving your energy for the HSC sacrifice your trial results, possibly damaging your performance, but maintaining such a mentality as you get closer to the HSC exam may actually cause further detriment to your performance because you wouldn't have done anything to address your current issue, meaning there will likely be a chance that you struggle during your HSC exam preparations in a way similar to the difficulties you are currently facing.

What you should do starting now is to get back to studying consistently like you were at the start of the holidays, not only because this is essential for good performance and because you have enough time to compensate for the days lost, but also because resolving the problem early allows you to adopt and maintain the right mentality (determination and diligence) going forward, which will be extremely important once your trial exams are completed and you begin your HSC exam preparations. HSC exams should not be taken lightly as they are worth 50% of your final HSC mark for each subject, meaning you must be ready to sit them (mental and content readiness) and consistent/effective trial exam preparations can greatly assist with this.

I hope this helps! :D
Thank you, this was quite encouraging :) How much hours of study per day do you recommend to catch up at this point? Today i did about 3.5 hours but i was quite exhausted by the 3rd hour.

Directrix

Forklift Certified
HSC
Thank you, this was quite encouraging :) How much hours of study per day do you recommend to catch up at this point? Today i did about 3.5 hours but i was quite exhausted by the 3rd hour.
go by accomplishment, not by hours

i.e for me I study until I finally get something i.e like vector proofs for 3u maths it doesn't matter if it takes me 30 minutes or 5 hours i will work at it.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
No worries! :D

Normally I'd recommend going for as long as you can in order to be able to cover as much as possible. 3 hours is not a bad start, although it would definitely be a good thing if you could manage 4 or more hours of study per day like you were at the start of the holidays. Of course, how many hours you spend should be determined according to an organised study plan in which you include what you wish to study each day, how long this should take as well as any personal goals you'd like to achieve. Studying for longer periods of time will of course require breaks, which will allow you to refresh your mind and get back to studying. How much time you should allocate towards your breaks will likely depend on how long you need to refresh and become able to effectively progress in your preparations like you were when you started studying (although I wouldn't recommend anything longer than 20 minutes). If you are willing to study for longer periods of time to further boost your preparations, you should do so gradually. For example, going from 3 hours of study in day 1 to 5 hours of study in day 2 could be overwhelming. Instead, you could start with 3 hours of study in day 1 and increase it to 3.5 hours in day 2, i.e. 30-minute gradual increase per day. That way, you would not feel overwhelmed and you would be able to study for longer periods of time, should this be needed.

I hope this helps! 😄

DarkOperator618

HSC
On the first week of holidays i was studying for about 4 hours a day pretty consistently, but then i don’t know what happened but i ended up getting burnt out and didn’t study for like 7 days which ended up flying by, and now i realise i only have 16 days left until the trials. Is it still possible i can do well or should i just save my energy for the HSC?
seriously, never give up
mine are in 16 days as well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)