Admissions Enquiry (1 Viewer)

Sasky

HSC
I've taken a look @ http://www.cofa.unsw.edu.au to see about the admissions and it said:

""Assumed knowledge" is highly recommended for the Bachelor of Art Education, Bachelor of Design, Bachelor of Design/Bachelor of Art Education and Bachelor of Fine Arts courses.

Assumed knowledge can be met by completion of 2 Unit Visual Arts with a mark in the range of 60 - 100, or may also be met by a completed TAFE Advanced Diploma or Diploma in Visual Arts.

Students who do not have the level of this level of assumed knowledge are not prevented from enrolling but may be placed at considerable disadvantage. Applicants who believe they will not meet the assumed knowledge in visual arts should contact the Student Centre."

I couldn't study art as it is in the same line as my history subjects (all of them!). The entry requires the necessary UAI, so was there anybody who gained admission without having studied art? If so, what was your mark? For those who did study visual arts, was it difficult to get in?

Thanks heaps...

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
assumed knowledge doesn't mean all that much anymore, in terms of at cofa, they only look at your UAi now. they have nfi what subjects you do and what mark you received for those individual marks

in my opinion, what they mean by assumed knowledge of VA at cofa is that you need to be educated in the visual arts, and know the basics of how to look at art and criticise it. if you are interested in art already and can generally sort of criticise art, then you should have no prob's.

um what course exactly are you looking at..?

Sasky

HSC
I most want to study Art History and Theory, if not then I would love also to do Design studies. Do you study either?

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
no..i actually transferred to the B art theory at the beginning of this year, but then the very last minute i decided to back out of it. now i want to do design, sigh, i am soo bad at making decisions.

if you want a more accurate answer i reckon you should ring up the cofa student centre. did you do art in year 9/10? and do you read like art books and are interested in analysing art etc etc

Glaciana

HSC
N/A
Its pretty beneficial to do art in year 11 and 12 if you want to do a art/design couse. Especially if you want to do art history and theory. I did art in year 11 and 12, and it's quite different to art in year 9 and 10.
Why didn't you pick art if it is the chosen career. Its more important to do than history if you want to learn art at university.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)