Accomodation at Wagga (1 Viewer)

SmileyCam

HSC
I was just wondering what the on-campus accomodation is like at Wagga, are the cottages as good as they sound?

SmileyCam

HSC
Well, yes, but I don't want a multitude of people around me constantly, but I guess it would be more fun, hmmm, I will have to contemplate this....

Last edited:

SmileyCam

HSC
So what's the difference between the Doman, Butler and East and West Halls?

It looks to me like the Butler Halls would be the best bet.... yes?

Last edited:

CheeZ

HSC
Brad how is self catered? Do they have as much fun?

kylie_robbo

SmileyCam said:
It looks to me like the Butler Halls would be the best bet.... yes?
The rooms in Butler are really small... About 2x Single bed wide and about 1.5x long... And in that space there is a single bed, a desk, chair, bookcase and a cupboard.

We can fit 12 people sitting in a circle pretty easily in a Butler C room.

The people in Butler C this year are pretty friendly (the ones I have met anyway - I don't go to Uni, just live in Wagga and go to UniChurch)... Some have this Australian Idol "thing"... Don't come between some of them and that vcr on Sunday or Monday nights!

As for Stewards, I don't know what the size of a normal room is... The only room I have been in is the disabled room in the block closest to the Ag Tav... That room is HUGE... St Marties rooms are pretty big, and I haven't been into any of the other accom. halls/cottages...

aurora_05

HSC
The normal stewards rooms arent too bad - slightly bigger than the Butler ones if I remember correctly.
Cheez (who Im assuming is Jaime :) ) the self-catered rooms (located in the cottages) are small, but decent sized and its a pretty good set-up. I think in terms of "fun" though, you make your own fun like everyone else there.

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
the major draw card of butler over stewards is storage and desk space, balconys and no air con (trust me 1 person sick ever1 sick). if u no ppls ip addie u can tap into the lans (i think) but butler is all on 1 lan. i assume the others are similar.

kylie_robbo

With Butler being on the one LAN... Why can't people in Butler B get onto MSN Messenger but people in Butler C can? Or is each Butler building (A, B and C) each on their own LAN? A friend in Butler B was saying that no-one in her block can get signed-in because of their net connection...

Or does that have nothing to do with anything??

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
im in butler B and u can u have to get into http setting and screw round, tell them to come see brad

shagz_04

Help Please!!!!

Hi,
hopefully someone will be able to let me know if CSU has a cut off date for applying for accom on campus? i was just reading a thread for UNE and theirs is 30th Nov or something like that. Im now starting to freak out coz my careers advisor (and year advisor) didnt tell us half the stuff we needed for uni applications!
Help please!!!!!!

CheeZ

HSC
Im thinking Meagan, but it could even be Zowie? hmm which one could it be? :)

whatsupdoctor

HSC
Is accommodation at CSU Wagga Wagga as crazy as it sounds? Do they just pick people from a lottery? How many people usually get denied accommodation? Doesn't it make people a little hesitant to put CSU as their first preference incase they don't get accommodation? CSU seems similar to ANU in that a lot of people move there to study. The difference is that ANU has guaranteed accommodation if you live outside of the ACT.

lachlan43

There is a postcode system, whereby if you live in a remote postcode, you put it on your application and you get some sort of concession as far as your chances of getting accommodation go. I don't know if it means 100% chance. My postcode's not on there, despite living in a village of around 100 people, but then again it's:

a) Same as a town of 8,000 people
b) Within 120km of both Dubbo and Bathurst campuses

And CSU's accommodation system is the same for everywhere, not just Wagga Wagga. Half the rooms get allocated to first years, and very few get denied accommodation. There's new housing going in at Wagga Wagga (any CSU Wagga Wagga people seen the posters where the Rivcoll sign used to be? Outside the Nosh Pit, next to the roller shutter, for the JAFFYs amongst us).

Hoffy167

HSC
N/A
I'm currently on campus in the cottages at CSU. I don't think you'll have too much trouble getting in. I did late entry (the absolute final round) this year and was only on the waiting list for accommodation about 2 weeks before I got into cottages. People get sick of it and head into town, people don't take up offers, that sort of thing. I love living on campus but I think it's what you make of it :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)