Accommodation (1 Viewer)

HSC
How competitive is accommodation at UC? If I've already applied for accommodation prior to the main round offers being released, but I get an offer in the late round, what would the chances of getting an accommodation offer be? Cheers.

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
im not completely sure, having never lived on res. although, a friend of mine is concerned she won't get a place this year, if this is an indication of the limited places.. she was at uc last year so i dont understand her problem.. im sure u'll be ok though, because otherwise it is pretty hard to find off campus accommodation in canberra if u dont know of someone to live with yet..

HSC
Thanks for the reply. I was a bit worried (I still am), because I was reading posts from a couple of years ago that said if you didn't apply before September you probably wouldn't get an offer. Maybe there were less residences back then. I applied on the 9th January, so I'm still worried about putting UC as my top preference and then being left with nowhere to stay.

wwjd_frog14

HSC
hey there...just thought id drop by & try & help you out a little.

Most of the UC Ressies was privatised at the end of last year (07). to be honest, they are a little unorganised (the new company that is, which is CLV). students returning to UC Ressies only found out if they had a place a Christmas time, so everything is a bit behind schedule. If you apply for the full year, instead of just a semester, i believe you are more likely to get a place. They leave a certain amount of rooms unallocated specifically for new students/first years, so that they can have a balance of people in the residences. So you could ring the University of Canberra Village (which is what CLV now calls UC Ressies)... The number would be on the websites if you Google it.

For the other Residence, Arscott House, it is being run by the Uni in conjunction with the Students Association. It is catered living. There number is also on the net - go to the UC website & type in Accomodation & you should be able to navigate your way around to find the numbers etc.

Hope that helps you out... And good luck :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)