A Tad...er...Easy? (1 Viewer)

Killah33

I'm not trying to do a Sourie here, but do you think the questions were too easy? I did Genre-Crime Fiction, it was...well, so straight forward

I mean, the first question you could have written ANYTHING.... the second was was so expected...

i guess its a YAY, but i hope it doesnt get scaled down for ppl all doing well.......hmm....

GL all!

vertigo

Actually, when it's easy I'm shit scared... because lots of people will be able to tackle the question without many problems. Whereas if it was more narrow and challenging... I wouldn't have answered the question the way I did.

I'm so pissed off at myself... instead of writing about a story like I should have, I wrote the actual story... its always better to go one up from what they'd expect, you know? :(

HSC
It was probably the easiest test I've done this whole HSC...

The questions were straightforward, and I actually enjoyed (never thought I'd use this word to describe a HSC exam) writing the creative section....

I've got art on Friday, which promises to be even easier....

BTW after doing this test, I have to said that the HSC is overrated...

vertigo

I guess you'll really know how easy it was when we get examiners comments... I was shit scared after reading last years: "Students showed extensive knowledge of the course and its concepts, blah blah... brilliantly answered..."

And the chick who topped X-Eng went to my school, and she gave us some study tips...

Practice Essays! - Lots
Wanna know how many I wrote? -_-;
fail.... why am I such a bum

user

Old enough to know better
HSC
Originally posted by vertigo
Actually, when it's easy I'm shit scared... because lots of people will be able to tackle the question without many problems. Whereas if it was more narrow and challenging... I wouldn't have answered the question the way I did.

I'm so pissed off at myself... instead of writing about a story like I should have, I wrote the actual story... its always better to go one up from what they'd expect, you know? :(
dude not trying to scare u or anything, but we had to write the opening of a story for our trial and heaps of people (including myself) got marked down heaps because we wrote too much, not too much in length, but just got too involved in the plot and denouement and stuff.

and the essay question that was just a rewording of our trial! Or that's how I took it anyway. Unfortunatly...i did not go too good in that trial...also kicking myself for not doing any practice essays.

smegger_em

Clever Cookie
Melbourne, or as it shoulda, could, woulda been ca
HSC
I am driving myself insaneby constantly rewriting my creative responce in my head all the time. I did a short story, kinda a parody, but i dont think i displayed my knowlage of the conventions as well as i could of in something like a speech, feature article or radio drama.
Also, what everyone is saying about it being an easy exam, i kind of think that makes it worse, cause the examiners will expect more. My year coordinator is always saying 'iots very difficult to do well on an easy exam' and even though he is always saying wierd things (like if you are in trouble, remember your feet) i think he might have a point on this one.

!meeee!

melbourne during uni- sydney during holidays
i agree that easy is bad. i didn't so much think the paper was easy as openended tho. personally i don't like that cause i find when it's a tough/narrow question i respond better than some other ppl but when it's a broad question my answer looks comparatively average.

i also feel like i screwed the creative. it was sooooo asking for you to have prepared something and mine looked like something that was made up then and there. not in an original way but in a haphazard, unstructured way

oh well, too late now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)