A friend of mine got into UNI by a phonecall..not by UAI! (1 Viewer)

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
My best friend got a UAI below 50.00..but because he did Maths extension 1 & 2 and got 90 for math extension 1 & 80 for the other one,

he gets a call from WOU saying cos of his marks, he gets to go into their maths course!!!

DRATS! i want a call from WOC or Canberra saying dont worry about UAI, we like ur marks! come on in!

LOL!!

Has that happened to anyone else?

SweetSeasons

HSC
maybe they did really sh*t in all their other subjects... some one who is extreamly mathmaticaly minded may have only got a 50 in english etc

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I got 97 in 3u, 92 in 4u and 90 in English. Enough with the English/maths dichotomy!

Anyway, yeah if he got around 50 in all his other subjects, his UAI would be around 40 to 50.

_fortunes_fool

HSC
One of my friends got a UAI in the 50s, but got into B. of Information Technology at CSU. Apparently, because he went decent in IPT and Maths, they offered him a place.

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
SweetSeasons said:
maybe they did really sh*t in all their other subjects... some one who is extreamly mathmaticaly minded may have only got a 50 in english etc
He got less in English & another subject he did okish..:(

Also the only subjects he had was;

Maths
Math 1
Math 2
Music
SRE (SOR) II
English S

Something to do with that the 2 unit maths wasnt counted in the UAI cos he didnt do the exam

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
Slide Rule said:
Anyway, yeah if he got around 50 in all his other subjects, his UAI would be around 40 to 50.
Well i got marks from that were in band 4s & 5..& a 3.....but i got a UAI of 50ish (thats cos i did 1 unit of religion & had to two subjects in the B category!).

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
Tuna said:
You should have done category A!
I didnt relise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! til after i choose the subjects!!!!
Also, it being such a small school...there wasnt a lot of choice with subjects..i didnt really want to do hospitality..but it was either that, Legal studies (yawn), geo..(yawn)...cem..(i never understood it).

Ssoo..hospo was my only choice!.....*cries!* LOL

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
Well if someone proves that they did really well in a particular subject and therefore has the capability to do well in a given uni course then some unis will let people in under certain conditions. Unis do want people and do want money after all......UAI isnt the only way. This scenario seems unfair i guess but meh if its true then people like that are lucky.

Last edited:

Tuna

HSC
N/A
stalk_if_u_dare said:
I didnt relise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! til after i choose the subjects!!!!
Also, it being such a small school...there wasnt a lot of choice with subjects..i didnt really want to do hospitality..but it was either that, Legal studies (yawn), geo..(yawn)...cem..(i never understood it).

Ssoo..hospo was my only choice!.....*cries!* LOL
So where are you going now?

Pierotte

HSC
Yeah well like once of my friends was like um visited by the dean!

Yeah... thats right.

Actually the Dean came and cooked their dinner for them!

Then tucked them into bed!

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
Tuna said:
So where are you going now?
I got an offer from La Trobe Uni for B Arts. Going to defer cos i have NO money. But i really wanted to get into Caberra Uni, the Creative Writing course...

Still! its better than nothing! i burst into tears when i finally got into the offers on wenesday..cos i really thought i wouldnt get an offer! :)

Tuna

HSC
N/A
stalk_if_u_dare said:
I got an offer from La Trobe Uni for B Arts. Going to defer cos i have NO money. But i really wanted to get into Caberra Uni, the Creative Writing course...

Still! its better than nothing! i burst into tears when i finally got into the offers on wenesday..cos i really thought i wouldnt get an offer! :)
So you're living in Canberra! How's the education system there?

Hanzo

HSC
i knew this guy who accelerated in high school and completed 4U maths at the end of year 10 !
yes year 10 !
when all his peers was doing the SC he finsihed 4U HSC maths
and UWS accepted him into B Business (financial maths) course ...
so he never even went to year 11 or 12

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
Tuna said:
So you're living in Canberra! How's the education system there?
Aaahhh...no..Blue Mountains..so freaking cold!
But really close family friends live there..& i really like Canberra..i guess cos i have lived in Sydney & the Mountains its different.

I want to Canberra cos i know the area alittle...the La Trobe course is at the Albury-Wodonga Campus. And i dont really know ppl there!

Did u know that teenagers from Europe & American are jealous of our holiday system?!?!?!...they all found it unfair that we have two weeks off at end of term..& christmas hols are longer!..though they are happy that we only have 6 weeks & they have 3 months...i pefer our system!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)