85 ish.,.. (1 Viewer)

wallid

HSC
just say i got 85 in the exam, seeming everyone did well, what do u think the exam mark will scale to

Tompenny

im quite concerned about the scaling as well, i think i did quite well but.. =|

coco_87

well...

if people did really well, which from the forum i know heaps did well, dont think scaling will be high....

Jake_434

The King of England
HSC
Yeah, but keep in mind if people didn't do as well, they are going to be a little more reluctant in saying how they went. A lot of people from my school went terribly and left a lot of answers blank. I think I got around the 85 mark as well. Hopefully it wont scale too badly.

Finchster

Like 20,000 people do general maths and i'd say 100 people have posted their marks on here so that still leaves 10,900 people and we dont know how they went, everyone who posted here couldve just done well and the other 10k people failed.

Becc

you have to remember
hsc mark is only half your mark.
there is always your assessment marks :uhhuh:

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
mm yeh and also remember people only tend to post there marks if they do well.. no one on bos is going to be seeing my english marks lol
guess we will find out how it scales december 18 lol

timrie6

HSC
N/A
alot of the people who come here are high achievers so they don't neccesarily represent an accurate sample of the students doing general maths this year
I think in the past a mark of even 80 has been scaled to 90 (don't quote me on that)
I think its usually around 80-85. I don't think you will get scaled down, and perhaps scaled up a bit- but in reality, noone really has any way of knowing. we'll just have to wait til december!

Last edited:

Stilla

NNGHHH
HSC
You're a bloody great optimist aren't you.
What do you think the chances are of general maths, let alone that exam scaling like that?
Oh, i didn't claim to "know", it's just my fucking opinion. Obviously since nobody "knows" he's only asking for opinions isn't he, and if you've got some sort of problem with me contributing mine, shove it.

timrie6

HSC
N/A
pffft
you have no idea what you are talking about, mr I-got-98-im-so-much-better-than-you-guy.
we will see what gundi gets and I bet he/she will get scaled up.

Stilla

NNGHHH
HSC
Well thanks for the compliment, but i never claimed i was better than anyone. Yes i can comprehend general maths, and yes i pointed out i got a high mark to illustrate this test was easier than past ones and will scale poorly.
Like i said, i'm entitled to an opinion and if you don't like it shut your mouth, fucking hick.

ChrisE

HSC
in all the sections of this forum that i have seen you post in stilla the majority of the time you have nothing positive or constructive to say, and you come off pretentious prat who thinks they are intellectually superior to everyone else, and are only here to cause trouble.

timrie6

HSC
N/A
ChrisE said:
in all the sections of this forum that i have seen you post in stilla the majority of the time you have nothing positive or constructive to say, and you come off pretentious prat who thinks they are intellectually superior to everyone else, and are only here to cause trouble.
thankyou, chris, couldn't have put it better myself

timrie6

HSC
N/A
Stilla said:
Like i said, i'm entitled to an opinion and if you don't like it shut your mouth, fucking hick.
yeah well i hope you fucking die

matt_f64

HSC
N/A
haha some of u ppl r so lost.. hav u even looked at the scaling thing, general maths is one of the worst scaled subjects.. 85 isnt gonna get 90.. thats more like wat 2 unit maths gets... 85 ud lucky to get scaled over 75 honestly.

a_person86

HSC
I think their talking about the real exam mark mate, not the total scaled mark!
Your raw exam mark is what you actually get, but they change that mark to make the course look more respectable...

Like lets say the average is a fail, 40, the change that to some respectable, like a 60, people in the top part already get further pushed up accordingly

Im glad i did General as oppose to Advanced, Advanced is a shit course, memorising formulas and shit, and doing stuff that i never use again in my life - fuk that. General maths is alot more practical, shitthat if you really wanted to applies to real life situations! Although General scales down, i would do alot better in general even after scaling - which is better, top of general or bottom of advanced!

timrie6

HSC
N/A
I know general maths actually applies to real life situations

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)