?? (1 Viewer)

zizi2003_

HSC
While the use of trial HSC exam papers is indeed for educational purposes, papers that are protected by copyright (including CSSA, Independent and others, such as PEM) cannot be shared on here for 2 reasons:
  • It is against the rules of this forum.
  • Such papers must be purhcased by schools/individuals that wish to use them, unlike those produced by individual schools, which can be freely shared/accessed.
This also means that you are not to request and/or share copyrighted material (this also applies to textbooks). However, you are allowed to have discussions about the papers/textbooks. :)
ohhh that's why the Bio 2020 paper I uploaded got deleted😮
my bad, I didn't know

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
ohhh that's why the Bio 2020 paper I uploaded got deleted😮
my bad, I didn't know
That's fine, just be mindful of this going forward. If you have any doubts regarding whether a resource you wish to upload (or other material you wish to post) is copyrighted, do not hesitate to ask! 😄

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
jimmy when u see copyright resources please do not delete. i would advise u to just pretend as if u never saw it
1635153802726.png

On a serious note, everyone is encouraged to contribute resources and relevant material to the Notes & Resources section, as long as this material is their own (i.e. not subject to copyright).

5uckerberg

HSC
I share this account with an older sibling. As much of you must be thinking that we should make separate account, I can’t be bothered making a whole new account and starting from scratch, so I remain on this account with my older sister till she finishes the HSC.
Makes sense given your profile picture is "sTeP sIsTeR aRe YoU sTuCk."

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Just to give further background on the copyright issue. We have been approached by one of these organisations in the past (I won’t disclose who for confidentiality reasons) who threatened legal action for posting copyrighted material without their permission. So please take care when it comes to this stuff.

YourLocalDumbAss

HSC
N/A
Just to give further background on the copyright issue. We have been approached by one of these organisations in the past (I won’t disclose who for confidentiality reasons) who threatened legal action for posting copyrighted material without their permission. So please take care when it comes to this stuff.
damn

Reactions: 8=D

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
And this is why @jimmysmith560 and I and all the other mods and the admin team have to remove requests for / offers of copyright-protected materials, as well as problematic posts / uploads as we see them. BoS aren't the publishers because we aren't posting the materials, so liability arises only if we can be shown not to take reasonable steps to remove such materials in a timely manner. Even if there was no other reason to act, this would be sufficient to make the site's policy necessary and appropriate. For similar reasons, we must also take steps, when appropriate, to deal with contributors who repeatedly post materials in violation of copyright protections.

Fair use allows small excerpts to be posted for purposes approved under the Act, and the copyright claims over entire papers are weak in some cases (where questions are copied from earlier HSC papers, for example). Copyright claims in solutions are generally stronger as they are much more individualised, but equally the organisation who wrote paper X cannot claim copyright over solutions to that paper that were written by others (so long as they are genuinely a different set of solutions). The bottom line, however, is that in becoming a Moderator, I agreed to enforce site rules and policy and ensuring that the site does not become open to potential liability in this area is both a sensible and wise policy and management position.

You might wonder about the HSCs themselves, given that NESA makes them available freely. They still hold the copryright and have the right to control who can publish their materials and who cannot. This is why THSC provides links to NESA and not the actual HSC papers, for example.

In the worst case, not acting on copyright problems could lead to BoS being shut down. We have to take this issue seriously, and we do appreciate the support and understanding of our members.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)