2U Math Exam (1 Viewer)

RamizG

HSC
Can someone please explain how they found the area of the trapezium in question 12 b in the maths 2 U exam ?

HSC
A= h/2(P1+P2)

the heigh was the perpendicular distance from B to AC (or whatever) found in an earlier part

P1 and P2 are the two parallel sides....you know the co-ordinates of two of the top two points...so use the distance formula to find the length

for the bottom parallel line....you find the length of the whole interval and then halve it (since it was a mid-point)

I'm telling this off the top of my head-dont have the question in front me....

RamizG

HSC
A= h/2(P1+P2)

the heigh was the perpendicular distance from B to AC (or whatever) found in an earlier part

P1 and P2 are the two parallel sides....you know the co-ordinates of two of the top two points...so use the distance formula to find the length

for the bottom parallel line....you find the length of the whole interval and then halve it (since it was a mid-point)

I'm telling this off the top of my head-dont have the question in front me....
I did that, I was just making sure that the height was the perpendicular distance which was 20 right? and the area was 200?

Last edited:
HSC
I did that, I was just making sure that the height was the perpendicular distance which was 20 right? and the area was 200?
Yea, the area was 200...

It was 0.5 * (15+5) * 20 = 200

Yes the height was 20

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)