"2nd hardest exam in 15 years" (1 Viewer)

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
KeypadSDM said:
Oh yeah, 2003 the hardest in 15 years?
Not likely.
It's just the paper with the lowest raw marks in the last 15 years. No one got 90+% in the bloody paper.
Well, you still got 99 which is in line with most other years' 1st place. So it was a difficult exam nonetheless.

HayleeKate

HSC
I'm surprised by this thread... Everyone in my class walked out saying it was far easier than we expected. [Not to mislead you and say we did brilliantly, but we never expected to, just did more than expected.]

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
I think that's the point. What you ended up doing WAS easy, however there was just so much of it that you couldn't finish in time.

Define a hard exam, one which can't be finished within the allocated time, or one with hard questions? They both will probably have the same spread. Uber freaks will get out the tough questions AND do it quickly.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
I didn't have time to consider Q8(b) at all in the 2005 exam.
Both the difficulty of the questions and the time constraint will contribute to the overall difficulty, but whether they take the latter into consideration during the aligning process I'm not so sure. Time should be considered, given that one can't be expected to get 120/120 if they didn't have the time to consider 3-4 marks properly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)