2007 Top 200 School Rankings Daily Telegraph (2 Viewers)

claireaye

HSC
30th... Not sure whether we moved up or down though.

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
Trebla said:
lol 49th, I thought this year's Year 12 were gonna fully own our grade from last year. They had 8 all rounders vs. our 2 all rounders and 4 state rankings vs. our 1 state ranking. Turns out it was only just a slight improvement....which means the gap between top and bottom students is probably even greater than before lol...
yeah farout!! i thought we were gonna hit atleast 20-30s, dunno waht the shit happened?!

what-for?

HSC
hahahaha i knew my school would be nowhere near the top 200. we are officially a "disadvantaged school". yay for bonus points (i hope).

man, im still kinda pissed cause i was a reserve for Fort St High when i did my selective test. couldve gotten into that school which is in the top 100 schools.

but for a public school person, im alright with my results and UAI (92.35), a bit disappointing, but i hope the bonus points will boost my UAI a bit more.

for those arrogant arses who think being in a private school means you're smarter than public school kids, i got a band 6 in english (93) which only 9% of candidates achieved, SO THERE! STICK THAT IN A BONG AND SMOKE IT, ALONG WITH ALL THE MONEY YOU'RE PROBABLY ROLLING AROUND IN!!!!!!!!!!

James1489

HSC
Wow.
My grade are all soo pissy haha
We were 131 last year, and we didn't even make the list this year.
We got heaps of people on 89 haha I guess that made all the difference.

Once again.. Wow.

mzduxx2006

HSC
what-for? said:
hahahaha i knew my school would be nowhere near the top 200. we are officially a "disadvantaged school". yay for bonus points (i hope).

man, im still kinda pissed cause i was a reserve for Fort St High when i did my selective test. couldve gotten into that school which is in the top 100 schools.

but for a public school person, im alright with my results and UAI (92.35), a bit disappointing, but i hope the bonus points will boost my UAI a bit more.

for those arrogant arses who think being in a private school means you're smarter than public school kids, i got a band 6 in english (93) which only 9% of candidates achieved, SO THERE! STICK THAT IN A BONG AND SMOKE IT, ALONG WITH ALL THE MONEY YOU'RE PROBABLY ROLLING AROUND IN!!!!!!!!!!
omg i got 93 in english aswell. congratulations. AND I LIKE YOUR attitude. i go to a shyt school in the mt druitt region so getting 90.25 was like the highest UAI my school has ever seen :D

el gwapo

HSC
man my school (pennant hills) is on a downward spiral. 137th last year - though I believe this year's group was much better, at least those in the top echelons, we had someone top a subject again, and it wasn't just a lame one like food tech, but economics :D. Probably less 90+ UAIs though, that's why we went down 50 places.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
chrisbro1990 said:
Why are people posting 'public schools for the win'? I dont get it
Placebo to prove to themselves that they're better, if not equal to selective school students (or private?). But the rankings say otherwise.

ahen said:
wooooo 106!!!! this is our highest ever! (considering we're only half selective and are supposedly a "disadvantaged school" - rofls at the media's lameness)
yeah our principal was crying with happiness because of the sheer number of over 90s we got this year
macfields also beat caringbah in maths
and equalled hurlstone in english

Very nice, our cohort this year was pretty smart.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
what-for? said:
Actually a percentage of private school kids don't come from "rich" familes and are only their on scholarship or because their parents want to sacarifice money to send them to a "good school".

chrisbro1990 said:
Why are people posting 'public schools for the win'? I dont get it
Clearly it's because their public school made the list amoungst all the private and selective schools.

navelj

HSC
mzduxx2006 said:
omg i got 93 in english aswell. congratulations. AND I LIKE YOUR attitude. i go to a shyt school in the mt druitt region so getting 90.25 was like the highest UAI my school has ever seen :D
Mt Druitt region - me too (actually st marys region) - and I got a UAI of 99.85 (Eng ADV 96, Eng ext1 90, ancient 98 [19th in the state], modern 96, legal 97 [7th in the state], history ext 92). Go public schools!!!

navelj

HSC
jannny said:
Yea good job to us st marys people.. haha, I think our batch was one of the smartest ones.

Can the st marys people identify themselves, Im curious if I know you or not! ( ITs a big school )

I am Jan btw :)
Hey fellow St Marys person - its me Evan - go St Marys !!! we had like more than 20 people get a UAI over 90 and like 10-15 of those were over 95. I am pleased to say that I got 99.85, and 3 other people got slightly lower 99 UAIs at our school - isn't that great.

izzy long

HSC
woo its nice to see so many public schools do well this year, goes to show were not so crap after all. i personally go to macquarie fields and am proud to say we kicked some butt this year...and go dilip u crazy curry. alot of people at my school got really high uais too, go public education

greMlin72

Green Zombie
HSC
quote:
Originally Posted by what-for?

wow. are you serious? are you that pathetic that you automatically stereotype every person that goes to a "private school" as being rich and "rolling around in" money. I think you just outshone yourself sunshine, because you clearly just proved your lack of common sense.

nagiha

HSC
My school missed out again! lol. it must be to special aye.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
what-for? said:
Just because you go to a private school doesn't mean you're arrogant or rolling in cash.

what-for?

HSC
greMlin72 said:
quote:

wow. are you serious? are you that pathetic that you automatically stereotype every person that goes to a "private school" as being rich and "rolling around in" money. I think you just outshone yourself sunshine, because you clearly just proved your lack of common sense.
please note that i did not automatically assume that ALL private school kids are like that. i said "for those arrogant arses". are you an arrogant arse at a private school? probably not. i'm just talking about those that are.

i should know. first hand experience with some private school kids are a nightmare. so don't think that i just blatantly accused EVERY SINGLE PRIVATE SCHOOL KID as being like that, because i didn't. if you had carefully read my post, you would've picked that up. and that goes for everyone else who thought i placed all private school kids into that category.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)