2 unit paper (1 Viewer)

lisathe

HSC
i think calculator does round up because when you put in 19e^-0.5*51 it equals a very small number but then you add 1 and it equals 1

mrstripedshades

HSC
Looking at a low 80s raw, tried to mark harshly as well. If they mark harsher, I would still be happy with 78+. If the band 6 cutoff is really low my external could sneak in but internal rank is poor (9/40) for my school/cohort. Unless the guys around me did that good, I dont think I will get a band 6 unfortunately.

2nd place who only does 2 u and got 93 or 94 in CSSA said he found it way harder/weirder than before, I think maybe the type of thinking favoured 3u students.

Would be happy with a mid-high band 5. DID REALLY REALLY BAD in MC.

Cost me alot. and I mean REALLY bad. Lost most of my marks from MC(literally = my Q16 in marks lost), that and Q.16 I messed up some stuff in a rush ;/

i was really stressed/pannicking in the beginning, probably why.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Looking at a low 80s raw, tried to mark harshly as well. If they mark harsher, I would still be happy with 78+. If the band 6 cutoff is really low my external could sneak in but internal rank is poor (9/40) for my school/cohort. Unless the guys around me did that good, I dont think I will get a band 6 unfortunately.

2nd place who only does 2 u and got 93 or 94 in CSSA said he found it way harder/weirder than before, I think maybe the type of thinking favoured 3u students.

Would be happy with a mid-high band 5. DID REALLY REALLY BAD in MC.

Cost me alot. and I mean REALLY bad. Lost most of my marks from MC(literally = my Q16 in marks lost), that and Q.16 I messed up some stuff in a rush ;/

i was really stressed/pannicking in the beginning, probably why.
HAHAHAH YOU'RE THE EXACT REPLICA OF ME, OMG, I LOVE IT

I marked harshly (as in, when I seriously seriously don't remember what I wrote and super super unsure or I didn't get the answer, I just took all the marks away for that part) and looked around the low 80s as well. Hopefully I overly-harshly marked myself and get a little higher than what I think I'm getting.

I am 99% sure you're feeling what I'm feeling. I really wanted to hit a Band 6 for 2U but I just resigned with the goal of a mid Band 5. But honestly, all that is done - we can't change any of our mistakes. Heck, I think I forgot to do that Q11E (which was the easiest point of intersection question) and I'm seriously unsure and stressing but we all need to calm down to smash our next exams :)

Last edited:

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
lol just so worried about if they will take a mark off for the last question for differentiating and getting y = 100 but not testing... since it was 2 marks not sure if they will.

Shuuya

HSC
I feel like I'm the only one too scared to look at the solutions haha

I'd prefer to live in denial, for now at least (~'^')~

Dragon9000

HSC
N/A
How do you do q9?
I believe (this is how i did it, but this was in the last min. so i didn't solve all the way through) you switch the values on the integrand around, so it becomes the integrand of x dx from -2 to 3. I think.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
How will they mark the 3 mark probability question? As in mark allocation.

Esse

xD
HSC
N/A
How will they mark the 3 mark probability question? As in mark allocation.
Idk some mod on the other page was like, if u did everything correct but used r to the power of n instead of n-1 and got n = 11 instead of 12, you'll only lose 1

photastic

HSC
Honestly, with this year's exam there wasn't any unexpected or 'I have never seen this before' questions if you did a lot of past papers. However, in comparison with other years, there weren't a lot of 'free mark' questions as a result in my opinion. MC, Q11, Q12 and Q13 were really straight forward and Q14, Q15 and Q16 were rather disappointing although there is always those questions that may 'overconfident' you. Based off each past HSC exam, it seems BOSTES has dimmed down the difficulty for 2U when comparing with the older papers particularly without the MC. I believe if you did do the drill, understood the content and did all past trial and hsc papers, you would've been rewarded. I am predicting a similar Band 6 cutoff roughly around 80 and 85 due to this. Otherwise, what were the questions you found the hardest?

Last edited:

Esse

xD
HSC
N/A
Honestly, with this year's exam there wasn't any unexpected or 'I have never seen this before' questions if you did a lot of past papers. However, in comparison with other years, there weren't a lot of 'free mark' questions as a result in my opinion. MC, Q11, Q12 and Q13 were really straight forward and Q14, Q15 and Q16 were rather disappointing. Based off each past HSC exam, it seems BOSTES has dimmed down the difficulty for 2U when comparing with the older papers particularly without the MC. I believe if you did do the drill, understood the content and did all past trial and hsc papers, you would've been rewarded. I am predicting a similar Band 6 cutoff roughly around 80 due to this. Otherwise, what were the questions you found the hardest?
I guess none were hard, for me personally, 2 silly mistakes in MC, rounded to nearest minute instead of degree for that tile question (fk me), similar triangles h expression ran out of time and panicked, and distance of particle travelled i forgot how absolute values work

HSC
N/A
Honestly, with this year's exam there wasn't any unexpected or 'I have never seen this before' questions if you did a lot of past papers. However, in comparison with other years, there weren't a lot of 'free mark' questions as a result in my opinion. MC, Q11, Q12 and Q13 were really straight forward and Q14, Q15 and Q16 were rather disappointing although there is always those questions that may 'overconfident' you. Based off each past HSC exam, it seems BOSTES has dimmed down the difficulty for 2U when comparing with the older papers particularly without the MC. I believe if you did do the drill, understood the content and did all past trial and hsc papers, you would've been rewarded. I am predicting a similar Band 6 cutoff roughly around 80 due to this. Otherwise, what were the questions you found the hardest?
If around 80 is B6, what would you expect an 88 to be? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)