Kami completed first his CGVE in 2003, then his HSC in 2005 at TAFE NSW where he studied English Advanced, English Extension 1, English Extension 2, Mathematics Extension 1, Mathematics Extension 2, Biology, Chemistry and for a long while Physics(till he dropped this most evil of subjects near the end of the year).
Kami attends the University of Technology, Sydney for its Bachelor of Arts in Communications(Writing & Cultures)and this is currently his first year. He is studying the following subjects this year as part of his degree:
- Autumn semester
- Spring semester
Next year, if he continues in his degree he will likely be studying the following:
- Autumn semester
- Spring semester
- 50134 Culture, Writing and Textuality
- 50168 Writing for Performance: Screen, Sound and Stage
- And one Elective from the following:
In addition to studying at UTS, kami also attends Macquarie University on a part time basis for its Certificate of Languages(French).
Kami isn't really sure what the future holds for him in this area yet. He's been flirting with the idea of transferring to either BCA (Creative Writing)/BA at UOW, BSci in Communications (Psychology)/DipLang (French) at UNSW or BA in Communications (Writing & Cultures)/BA in International Studies (French) at good old UTS mainly because his first sem has been a bit ick so far, dunno if he'll actually end up going through with any of those but we'll see.
If he sticks with his degree he might also decide to pick up an Auslan Certificate at TAFE. And when he finishes whatever degree combo he's in he may also go for a teaching qualification - an MTeach at USYD or a DipEd at UNSW or UTS. Regardless, it looks like kami will be a uni bum for a loooong time.
Bored of Studies
Kami has been a member of Bored of Studies since November of 2004. At first he posted almost exclusively in the English Extension 2 forums both for academic discussion as well as participation in the awesomeness that was IPR. He then started branching out into other forums, particularly the HSC English forums and the TAFE forum in what he hopes was a helpful manner.
At some point, [kami can't remember when] Lazarus also decided to make kami into a "biki" sysop. Which basically means that if anyone has any problems with the biki or another biki user feel free to contact myself or my fellow sysops about the problem.
In 'life', kami is known as Evan(not to be confused with Adam, Kevin, Even, Eric, Josh or on one really odd occasion - Jessica) and really enjoys spending time with the really cool people he calls friends.
Evan likes books. In fact Evan likes ALOT of books and reading is one of his favourite activities. Here is a sample of some of what Evan reads:
- Perdido Street Station by China Meiville,
- The Scar by China Meiville,
- Iron Council by China Meiville,
- American Gods by Neil Gaiman,
- Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman,
- Confessions of an Ugly Step-sister by Gregory McGuire,
- Burning Your Boats by Angela Carter,
- Troy Game by Sara Douglass,
- Axis Trilogy by Sara Douglass,
- Wayfarer Redemption by Sara Douglass,
- Farseer Trilogy by Robin Hobb,
- Liveship Traders by Robin Hobb,
- The Tawny Man by Robin Hobb,
- Beneath The Skin by Nicci French,
- Pretty Boy by Lauren Henderson,
- Malazan Books of the Fallen by Steven Erikson,
- The Empire Trilogy by Janny Wurts & Raymond E. Feist,
- Sarantine Mosaic by Guy Gavriel Kay,
- A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. Martin,
- Good Omens by Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman,
- Doom Brigadeby Margaret Weiss & Don Perrin (I *think*),
- Draconian Measures by Margaret Weiss & Don Perrin (I *think*),
- Discworld by Terry Pratchett,
- Vanity Fierce by Matthew Aitken,
- The Pearl Saga by Eric Van Lustbader,
- The Real Inspector Hound by Tom Stoppard
As you can imagine, since Evan likes reading so much, he also enjoys writing (which is kinda appropriate considering the degree) and has written a few stories (of poor quality).
Evan also, to his embarassment, must admit he does enjoy some comics, the majority of which are published by Marvel Comics. Evan will be the first to tell you that most of the storylines are utter crap but he has something of an addiction and so cannot forget them entirely (*sigh*). Here are his preffered comics:
- New X-men 114 - 154 by Grant Morrison
- Astonishing X-men 1 - 24 by Joss Whedon
- Exiles 1 - 27, 31 - 37 by Judd Winnick
- Alias 1 - 28 by Brian Bendis
- Runaways Vol 1. 1 - 18, Vol. 2 1 - 21 by Brian Vaughn
Conclusion: Evan is a geek.
Film & Television
Cool Quotes - read them
"The mere fact of having published a book of second-rate sonnets makes a man quite irresistible. He lives the poetry that he cannot write. The others write the poetry that they dare not realise." Oscar Wilde
"Clothes make the man; naked people have little or no influence on society." Mark Twain
"Sex is like bridge, you either need a good partner or a good hand" Woody Allen
"But I love Albert!" Lady Muldoon in The Real Inspector Hound
"Silly Caucasian girl likes to play with Samurai swords." O-Ren Ishii in Kill Bill Vol.1
"Beauty fades. Develop some inner resources, otherwise when it goes, those of us with less far to fall will laugh at you. To your aging face." Nate Lippens
For PMing, mudwrestling and so on, go here for more details.