|BikiCrumbs: Main Page|
A few notes:
- How are we going to split up VCE and HSC?
- I'll create a separate front page for the VCE. Just stick with the HSC for now. - JK
- It is possible to spearate it with the groups like "HSC:maths" "VCE:maths" - JM
- Why are uploads enabled?
- Good question. I'll look into that. - JK
- Sorry Typo "Why aren't uploads enabled?" it would be useful to upload pictures. - JM
- Image uploads now enabled. - JK
- Why don't maths equations work?
- They should now. - JK
- What are the biggest problems facing new users? How do we overcome them?
- A 'how to edit' (wiki notation) and a style guide would be nice... Although the 'style guide' would really be 'look at another page in the same section, copy-paste the editing, and delete the information in the article and keep the structure' :P - Malkin86 15:09, 3 February 2006 (EST)
- Are there any scripts implemented that automatically go through and mark spelling and stubs etc? -JM
- Possibly. See Special:Maintenance. Might need a list of common misspellings (perhaps from Wikipedia). - JK
- Is it possible to have a special page that lists the stub pages? -jm1234567890 10-9-2005
- This might do what you want: Special:Shortpages - Lazarus 17-09-05
- This doesn't seem easy to do (dynamically anyway). - Lazarus 05:27, 11 November 2005 (CST)
- What's this business about some wiki creators signing their names on the bottom of articles?--Pwaryuex 00:43, 3 February 2006 (EST)
- You can easily throw a timestamp at the bottom of an article. It's probably there to recognise that it's an user's original work. I put one at the bottom of a study guide I posted. Can be found here. I think they're kinda appropriate for users who submit guides/essays/etc. as they provide both some recognition and accountability (for the end user) against plagiarism. --nwatts 14:09, 3 February 2006 (EST)
- I disagree with signing your name at the bottom though - what happens when someone comes a long and edits it (which they will, it's a wiki). And it looks messy. WW
- I agree with karen, a wiki article is the work of many so its innapropriate to credit it to one person and if we credit every single person than it'll get ridiculous. Perhaps it would be best if a user wants to make a notation as to the work sources if they wish to maintain original credit? I think the actual wikipedia does this. --kami
- Fine! You bunch of selfless do-gooders! --nwatts 03:02, 4 February 2006 (EST)
- Evan's right -- if the user wants to cite his own work, he can do so in a set of links down the bottom, which link to a few good sources. --Pwaryuex 14:03, 5 February 2006 (EST)
Favicon to Biki
Could the Bored of Studies logo be added to the Favicon for the Biki pages. I think that setting the global variable $wgFavicon to the icon path should fix it up, or maybe the variable is already set to favicon.ico and all you need to do is copy the icon to the wiki/ directory. I am not exactlly sure though. There is a reference to add the correct HTML line in the head section in includes/Skin.php and the code here uses if( false !== $wgFavicon ) then add the line. So I think setting the variable $wgFavicon in LocalSettings.php to the icon path should work. Presumablly an admin needs to do this, I don't have the rights to do this change.
Also the current Bored of Studies icon on the community section has a square white border around it. In my opinion the all the space outside the man should be transparent, possible even add a shadow under the man. A tool that I think is very good for editing icons is RealWorld Icon Editor from RealWorld Graphics. So could some one convert to an icon using that tool, and then could an admin make this into the favicon for the biki. Also the icon set for the bos home page at http://www.boredofstudies.org/icon.ico is not found, so no icon appears. --Me121 11:45, 4 July 2007 (EST)
When I uploaded an SVG image and then including this image to a biki page with [[Image:file.svg]] , the svg image did not show and the page returned a link to the file, but no image displayed. Maybe a global variable (eg. $wgSVGConverters, $wgSVGConverter) must be turned on or maybe the file includes\media\SVG.php is not present. Or the line 'image/svg+xml' => 'SvgHandler', may not be present under # Images settings in the LocalSettings.php file. Could an admin try to fix this please? Accoring to http://www.boredofstudies.org/wiki/index.php?title=Special:Version you are using WikiMedia 1.5.6 , but upgrading to the latest may fix this. --Me121 11:45, 4 July 2007 (EST)
Can the functionality for swf's to be embeded into a biki article be added please. Me121 13:56, 8 August 2007 (EST)