Methodology: The way in which information is found or something is done. The methodology includes the methods, procedures, and techniques used to collect and analyze information.
Researchers often use a combination of both methodologies to suit their study
- Data in numeric form – can be quantified
- Objective & reliable; less subject to bias
- Used in experiments, questionnaires, interviews
- Data is non-numeric – in form of verbal statements
- Involves fewer subjects, but more info collected on them
- Assesses individual opinions/feelings/values/attitudes; provides explanations
- More subjective, may be biased by researcher’s values & interpretations
- Drawn from analysis of observations, case studies, interviews, questionnaires
- This page is a stub and is incomplete.
- Why not add to it? Don't be intimidated - we welcome all contributions!