|BikiCrumbs: TAFE NSW|
Applying & Enrolling
- Search the TAFE NSW Handbook to see if your course has any specific prerequisites.
- Contact the campuses which you'd prefer to study your course at to see if they still will run your course. There is nothing worse than assuming you can go to a campus for your course and make all the arrangements and then have it all fall through at the last minute because you didn't check.
- Check if your course requires an application, and what the deadline for the application is. For a list of courses requiring an application, click here. If your course doesn't require an application, then go on to Part 4. For those of who do, keep reading. Fill out your application, filling in all the required parts and then send it to the campus which is your first preference before the closing date.
<gah finish soon>
TAFE NSW course fees for 2006
|Course||Annual fee($)||Fee for enrolments of one semester or less ($)|
|Selected Study Program||-||158|
|Statements and other short courses||316||158|
|Certificate I and II||370||185|
NOTE:Fees for commercial programs (TAFE PLUS, Graduate Diplomas, Graduate Certificates) and fee-for-service courses such as TAFE Delivered HSC Vocational Educational and Training (TVET) courses are priced according to a different schedule.
You may have to pay for materials, and buy protective gear or textbooks for your course.
When paying at your campus after enrolling, it is important to remember that TAFE does not accept cash, payment must be made by cheque, card, or money order.
If your course lasts longer than one semester you may have the option of paying in installments, the first installment will be when you enrol and the second is required before the 31st of May.
You may be eligible for an exemption of the TAFE NSW course fees if you are:
- an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander student or;
- in receipt of a Commonwealth benefit (for example Youth Allowance, Disability pension etc.)
- Metropolitan Institutes
- Country Institutes
Courses and Careers
- Course Areas
- Apprenticeships, Traineeships and VTOs
- TAFE NSW course in schools
- HSC to TAFE NSW credit transfer
- From TAFE to Uni
Student Association has a presence at the majority of TAFE NSW campuses in the state. They provide a range of services for TAFE students such as discounts with various vendors, entertainment, and sport. Student Association members will also recieve reduced rates for certain campus services. At this time the fee for joining the Student Association is $20 though reduced rates may apply in rural areas.
For more information, please visit their website here: TAFE Student Associations
- This page is a stub and is incomplete.
- Why not add to it? Don't be intimidated - we welcome all contributions!