Technology (Business Studies)
|BikiCrumbs: Technology (Business Studies)|
Technology has a dramatic effect on the way people do their jobs and has had both negative and positive effects on society. Technology is responsible for the deskilling of workers and the unemployment of low skilled people.
Technology is the way people, and the raw materials and equipment they use, are combined to convert raw materials into finished goods and services. Technology is used in different ways:
- Mass Production Technology: Manufacturing process that makes large numbers of an identical product. Eg: cars, TVs. Machines do most of the work. People working in these factories use a low level of skill and do repetitive, boring tasks.
- Continuous Process Technology: Manufacturing process is entirely mechanized and workers just monitor and maintain the machines. Eg: electricity, beer.
- Small Batch Technology: Relies on the knowledge and skills of workers to produce small quantities of goods and services such as designer clothes, surgery, legal and financial services.
- This page is a stub and is incomplete.
- Why not add to it? Don't be intimidated - we welcome all contributions!