SOR:Current HSC Course
|BikiCrumbs: Current HSC Course|
Continuing HSC Course (Year 12 class of 2006)
This course is divided into three parts:
- Foundation Studies,
- Cross Religion Studies,
- Interest Study Project.
Foundation Studies are compulsory .
They are divided into:
- Foundation Study 1: Aboriginal belief systems and spirituality
- Foundation Study 2: The influence of religion in Australian society from 1901 to the present.
NB: Foundation Study 3 is for SOR II Students Only
- Foundation Study 3: Religion and media, and belief systems other than religious, in Australia.
Cross Religion Studies
SOR I students must study ONE of the following:
SOR II students must study THREE of the following:
- Cross Religion Study 1: Religious Rites
- Cross Religion Study 2: Religion and Ethics
- Cross Religion Study 3: Sacred Writings and Stories
- Cross Religion Study 4: Ways of Holiness
- Cross Religion Study 5: Teachers and Interpreters
- Cross Religion Study 6: Religion and Women.
Students must undertake the study of ONE of the following:
- Religious Biography
- Religion and Architecture
- Religion and Visual Arts
- Religion and Literature
- Religion and Music
- Religion and Ecology
- Religion and the Media (SOR I students only)
- Religion and Non-religion (SOR I students only)
- Melanesian or Polynesian Religious Tradition
- An Interest Study Reflecting the Ethos of the School and Its Community.
from SOR Syllabus-2001
© NSW Board of Studies