Return to Play
|BikiCrumbs: Return to Play|
Return to play, active rehabilitation and confidence are important.
Indications of Readiness to Return to Play
- Pain free
- Psychological readiness
Monitoring Progress (pre-test and post-test)
- Comparing results from a test before the injury occurred with after (test must be specific to the injury)
- Includes: visual observations, videotapes, ongoing tests
- Psychological support (confidence)
Specific Warm Up Procedures
Warm up may be: longer/harder/specific to injury (eg specific stretching)
- Gradually return (increase intensity, duration and complexity) as to not put undue stress and fatigue on the injury site
- Gradually expose to competition: eg lower grade
- This page is a stub and is incomplete.
- Why not add to it? Don't be intimidated - we welcome all contributions!