Heat is lost through the 4 different methods:-
- Conduction – Involves transfer of heat to an object
- Convection – Involves air currents cause heat loss from skin
- Radiation – Heat is given off in the forms of infrared rays
- Evaporation – By sweat evaporating it cools the body, sweat that falls off the body doesn’t help
Heat is gained through 2 methods:-
- Metabolic heat
- Environmental heat
- This page is a stub and is incomplete.
- Why not add to it? Don't be intimidated - we welcome all contributions!