Funding to Improve Health
|BikiCrumbs: Funding to Improve Health|
Funding should go where there is the greatest chance of success rather than the greatest need.
How may the gap in health status of populations be bridged?
- The Commonwealth government provides funding for two major health benefits -Medicare and the PES.
- The state and territory governments fund hospitals, mental health programs, dental health services. home and community care, child, adolescent and family health services, women's health programs, health promotion, rehabilitation systems and inspection, licensing and monitoring of facilities, personnel and institutions.
- Local governments provide funds for local services such as " immunisations”
- This page is a stub and is incomplete.
- Why not add to it? Don't be intimidated - we welcome all contributions!