What do you think I should expect for an ATAR? (1 Viewer)

katiekms

HSC
for context i am in a poor 400+ rank school that last year had 4 students who got at least 1 band 6, so idk i should even be proud of this but i digress.

English Advanced: 95% rank: 1/7
Maths Standard 2: 100% rank: 1/~20
Legal Studies: 90% rank: 1-2/8
Investigating Science: 95% rank: 4/~15
Visual Arts: 96% rank: 1/8

I understand it’s hard to estimate but yeah, any insight at all would be great. most of these assessments have been take homes which is why they’re all high, but i do a little worse in exams (if it hadn’t been for the recent legal exam it would’ve been 100% lol). thank you!

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Given this information, it seems that your current performance is consistent with an ATAR in the low 90's. More specifically, that would be an ATAR up to 94. Your position is favourable across your subjects, with perhaps 1 or 2 exceptions.

You are ranked first in English Advanced, Mathematics Standard 2, Visual Arts and possibly Legal Studies. This means that if you remain first in these subjects and achieve the highest HSC exam mark in your cohort for each of these subjects, you can technically achieve outstanding results in all of these subjects, resulting in optimal contributions to your ATAR that could potentially allow you to exceed this estimate.

If you are ranked second in Legal Studies, there may be some room for improvement. While being ranked second is not bad, it may be better to place first in this subject especially when considering your school rank (which could indicate that your cohort is not likely to perform at a high standard). Being ranked first in Legal Studies, coupled with favourable HSC exam performance, will lead to a very good contribution to your ATAR from this subject.

On the other hand, Investigating Science appears to be your lowest-performing subject. Based on this, you may wish to consider placing additional focus on this subject, which will hopefully enable you to improve your rank and consequently maximise your Assessment Mark for this subject, ultimately resulting in a higher ATAR.

I hope this helps! 😄

katiekms

HSC
Given this information, it seems that your current performance is consistent with an ATAR in the low 90's. More specifically, that would be an ATAR up to 94. Your position is favourable across your subjects, with perhaps 1 or 2 exceptions.

You are ranked first in English Advanced, Mathematics Standard 2, Visual Arts and possibly Legal Studies. This means that if you remain first in these subjects and achieve the highest HSC exam mark in your cohort for each of these subjects, you can technically achieve outstanding results in all of these subjects, resulting in optimal contributions to your ATAR that could potentially allow you to exceed this estimate.

If you are ranked second in Legal Studies, there may be some room for improvement. While being ranked second is not bad, it may be better to place first in this subject especially when considering your school rank (which could indicate that your cohort is not likely to perform at a high standard). Being ranked first in Legal Studies, coupled with favourable HSC exam performance, will lead to a very good contribution to your ATAR from this subject.

On the other hand, Investigating Science appears to be your lowest-performing subject. Based on this, you may wish to consider placing additional focus on this subject, which will hopefully enable you to improve your rank and consequently maximise your Assessment Mark for this subject, ultimately resulting in a higher ATAR.

I hope this helps! 😄
Thank you so much!! This is really helpful. Yeah for legal studies and investigating science i’m actually not certain on my rank, could be higher, could be the same, who knows. and yeah i hate investigating science which explains my poor rank ahaha. For further context for the past couple years there’s been about 1-2 people in the year who get at least a 90 atar, so hopefully i can match that! Thanks again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)